New Vesys Mods - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 04:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New Vesys Mods

Many thanks to all of you for great ideas. I have 1500 miles on my 09 Versys (Blue) in 45 days, and have made the following mods.
1) Rear soft bag. I have to have someplace to put stuff. 80 bucks at the local H-D dealer for a first rate Cortech expandable unit. Fits on passinger seat which is worthless, anyway. AND, it holds 18 beers er uh soda.
2) Rox Risers. Very expensive but they killed 80% of the buzzing. My bike was very bad for buzzing. I like the height, too. Slowed the mirror vibration down, but they still blurr. Add padded gloves and it is now very smooth.
3) Dropped to a 43 rear sprocket. WOW. Now the speedo is close (1 mph off at 40 INSTEAD OF 5).
4) Factory oversized windshield. About 150 bucks, and except for the good looks, it's not worth 2 cents to block wind. My new Parabellum (23" high) just came in but it's not on it yet. Currently my helmet buffets in the winds so bad above 60 mph, that my vision is blurred.
5) This winter I am going to send the hard, vibrating, worthless seat to Spencer in Florida and I am expecting good results.
The above mods have made my Versys a DIFFERENT and MUCH BETTER bike.
Can't wait to try the windshield and seat mods.

I am planning on adding a cruiser/tourer to my garage this winter, and keeping the Versys for city errands. But, if this were going to be my only bike, I would add Givi hard cases with their killer looks, and crash bars with highway pegs. A full fairing could easily turn this into a great long distance, lightweight tourer. At 450 lbs. this bike just gets blown around too much on the interstate. I am thinking Victory Vision.

I ordered and received a peg lowering kit. The problem that I am going to have to experiment with is that they lower the pegs at a 45 degree angle, so while the peg comes down 1.3", they also go FORWARD 1.3". This presents a whole rash of problems with the shifter and brake pedal positions. Heck, I may not like my legs forward. I'm not sure, so this will be a winter project to play with.

By the way, I paid $6,650 for this bike. And, they delivered it to my house. We have a local dealer advertising a left over 08 green model at $5,995. Check Craigslist in St. Louis. What a bargain. A lot of bike for the money. Now, if the factory would change the tranny to a wide ratio gearbox....

Again, many, many thanks to all of you folks for great ideas. Your ideas have really made this a VERY NICE machine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 07:21 AM

There two dealers in Texas (Denton and Sherman) advertising the 2009 V for $5,995 on Cycle Trader. Havent' called to confirm, or check the fine print.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard! Looks like you got a handle on things....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode