Good deal: Rack for versys for only 43 USD...only 2 to go... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 06:17 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Purificator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Good deal: Rack for versys for only 43 USD...only 2 to go...

I came across this while not resisting to the farkling pulse... I'm sharing just in case someone want it...for this price it is a steal I think

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GIVI-Mountin...e63ab9&vxp=mtr
Purificator is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Unfortunately that's not a good deal at all. I'm in the market for a side rack and have been scowering ebay as well as other sites. Ridersdiscount which is the seller for this ebay item, is showing a false or incorrect photo for what the item is. If you look at the discription, the item number is "PLX447KIT". This item is the mounting kit needed to use the PLX447 side racks if you don't use a top box mount. So they are deliberately trying to mislead potential buyers with that picture. Furthermore, that items sells for $29.00 all over the internet. After almost getting tricked with that listing a couple of times myself, I've decided I won't be purchasing anything from Ridersdiscount at all.
xGunslingerx is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Purificator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks a lot for sharing your valuable experience...very much appreciated


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Purificator is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Member
 
twowheeladdict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,282
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I've had great experiences with ridersdiscount by talking with Nathan directly. They are a supporting vendor of this forum. They have always beat others prices.

I clicked on the link to the add and it is very misleading. I would let them know so they can correct it.

My Versys Travels:


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
twowheeladdict is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 10:52 PM
Member
 
weljo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Norwalk CA
Posts: 15,595
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I've had great experiences with ridersdiscount by talking with Nathan directly. They are a supporting vendor of this forum. They have always beat others prices.

I clicked on the link to the add and it is very misleading. I would let them know so they can correct it.
I've had excellent dealings with Riders Discount over the years.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Video Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Photos...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
weljo2001 is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 07:56 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Eugene Or.
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Twisted throttle has the same kit for $26.10, plus they clearly state it's just the hardware and does not include the racks. The higher than normal price coupled with the poor description make me think someone is trying to pull a fast one. Did someone maybe hijack Riders Discount's account?
cyclesarge is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 10:36 AM
Member
 
RidersDiscount's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lowest Price, Guaranteed
Posts: 1,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xGunslingerx View Post
Unfortunately that's not a good deal at all. I'm in the market for a side rack and have been scowering ebay as well as other sites. Ridersdiscount which is the seller for this ebay item, is showing a false or incorrect photo for what the item is. If you look at the discription, the item number is "PLX447KIT". This item is the mounting kit needed to use the PLX447 side racks if you don't use a top box mount. So they are deliberately trying to mislead potential buyers with that picture. Furthermore, that items sells for $29.00 all over the internet. After almost getting tricked with that listing a couple of times myself, I've decided I won't be purchasing anything from Ridersdiscount at all.
You are correct, this is not a good deal. This is an error in the listing which will be corrected asap. We recently took on GIVI products so we apologize for any errors out of the gate.

Please note, we are not deliberately trying to to mislead customers. If we were, we wouldn't have a 99.7% feedback rating with over 200k ratings. Mistakes happen and we correct them or offer free returns or exchanges on any item that is an error on our part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I've had excellent dealings with Riders Discount over the years.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclesarge View Post
Twisted throttle has the same kit for $26.10, plus they clearly state it's just the hardware and does not include the racks. The higher than normal price coupled with the poor description make me think someone is trying to pull a fast one. Did someone maybe hijack Riders Discount's account?
Twisted Throttle also charges shipping on top of the $26.10. I went through their checkout and came to a total of $32.70 shipped via USPS (the cheapest option). We will beat that for forum customers.

Nobody hacked our accounts, we have over 140,000 currently active listings. Every once in a while a few slip through that aren't corrected. These are immediately fixed.
RidersDiscount is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 10:38 AM
Member
 
RidersDiscount's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lowest Price, Guaranteed
Posts: 1,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Also, if you guys see something in eBay that you are interested in, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM. I can offer forum pricing on anything we sell, not just what is posted for the day.
RidersDiscount is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for clearing everything up. I'm going to PM you. I'm interested in a few things and I'm willing to give you guys a shot.
xGunslingerx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome