Good deal: Rack for versys for only 43 USD...only 2 to go... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 06:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Good deal: Rack for versys for only 43 USD...only 2 to go...

I came across this while not resisting to the farkling pulse... I'm sharing just in case someone want it...for this price it is a steal I think

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GIVI-Mountin...e63ab9&vxp=mtr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 05:06 PM

Unfortunately that's not a good deal at all. I'm in the market for a side rack and have been scowering ebay as well as other sites. Ridersdiscount which is the seller for this ebay item, is showing a false or incorrect photo for what the item is. If you look at the discription, the item number is "PLX447KIT". This item is the mounting kit needed to use the PLX447 side racks if you don't use a top box mount. So they are deliberately trying to mislead potential buyers with that picture. Furthermore, that items sells for $29.00 all over the internet. After almost getting tricked with that listing a couple of times myself, I've decided I won't be purchasing anything from Ridersdiscount at all.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot for sharing your valuable experience...very much appreciated

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I've had great experiences with ridersdiscount by talking with Nathan directly. They are a supporting vendor of this forum. They have always beat others prices.

I clicked on the link to the add and it is very misleading. I would let them know so they can correct it.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 10:52 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I've had great experiences with ridersdiscount by talking with Nathan directly. They are a supporting vendor of this forum. They have always beat others prices.

I clicked on the link to the add and it is very misleading. I would let them know so they can correct it.
I've had excellent dealings with Riders Discount over the years.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 07:56 AM

Twisted throttle has the same kit for $26.10, plus they clearly state it's just the hardware and does not include the racks. The higher than normal price coupled with the poor description make me think someone is trying to pull a fast one. Did someone maybe hijack Riders Discount's account?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xGunslingerx View Post
Unfortunately that's not a good deal at all. I'm in the market for a side rack and have been scowering ebay as well as other sites. Ridersdiscount which is the seller for this ebay item, is showing a false or incorrect photo for what the item is. If you look at the discription, the item number is "PLX447KIT". This item is the mounting kit needed to use the PLX447 side racks if you don't use a top box mount. So they are deliberately trying to mislead potential buyers with that picture. Furthermore, that items sells for $29.00 all over the internet. After almost getting tricked with that listing a couple of times myself, I've decided I won't be purchasing anything from Ridersdiscount at all.
You are correct, this is not a good deal. This is an error in the listing which will be corrected asap. We recently took on GIVI products so we apologize for any errors out of the gate.

Please note, we are not deliberately trying to to mislead customers. If we were, we wouldn't have a 99.7% feedback rating with over 200k ratings. Mistakes happen and we correct them or offer free returns or exchanges on any item that is an error on our part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I've had excellent dealings with Riders Discount over the years.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclesarge View Post
Twisted throttle has the same kit for $26.10, plus they clearly state it's just the hardware and does not include the racks. The higher than normal price coupled with the poor description make me think someone is trying to pull a fast one. Did someone maybe hijack Riders Discount's account?
Twisted Throttle also charges shipping on top of the $26.10. I went through their checkout and came to a total of $32.70 shipped via USPS (the cheapest option). We will beat that for forum customers.

Nobody hacked our accounts, we have over 140,000 currently active listings. Every once in a while a few slip through that aren't corrected. These are immediately fixed.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 10:38 AM

Also, if you guys see something in eBay that you are interested in, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM. I can offer forum pricing on anything we sell, not just what is posted for the day.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2014, 05:19 PM

Thanks for clearing everything up. I'm going to PM you. I'm interested in a few things and I'm willing to give you guys a shot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode