A sad day but hopefully better tomorrow.... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
rlj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
A sad day but hopefully better tomorrow....

Well, it was hard, but I let my Versys go today. My son is a freshman next year at University of Tennessee where he will be playing baseball for the Vols. I plan on trying to see him play every chance I get and I wanted more of a touring bike to get me to all of the SEC schools over the next few years. I will definitely miss the V and down the road when I'm done touring I'll more than likely have one back in the stable.

Just purchased a 2013 FJR, traded in the V as well as my XT 250 which was my "guest" bike up in the mountains.

This truly is a great forum with a lot of good guys on it. I learned a lot and picked up a lot of great information over the years, even had a few laughs here and there. I still plan on visiting daily and chiming in occasionally........

If anyone's in the Atlanta area or up in the western Carolina mountains (Dragon, Moonshiner's Run, Blue Ridge Parkway) give me shout. I'd love to hook up and hit the roads.

I will be placing a few items for sale later today, look for them in the For Sale Section. I have to dig around my parts box but I think I have the stock screen, stock shock, stock bar end weights, and rear trellis. There may be some other things as well.

So here it is, my last picture taken of me on the V...........it was kind of hard walking away today.

13 Yamaha FJR 1300
09 Kawasaki KLX 250S
05 HD Sportster Roadster 1200
02 Malaguti F12 Phantom 49cc Italian Scooter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 03:48 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
The new FJR is sweet. Enjoy watching your son you'll have some great places to ride following him around. All the best on your new adventure..

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 03:54 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Pop in anytime for a cuppa tea'n'a chat on here won't you......
We talk to anyone, even those guys with big fayncee FJR's!!!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 05:39 PM

A wise man once told me "To go through a door you have leave one room and enter another. Look back with fond memories but not sadness. Look forward with hope and joy."

Having you son Playing for the Vols must make you proud of him and not taking every chance to see him would be a waste. Enjoy your son's time in the sun you can get another bike but these time only come once in a lifetime.

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 08:54 PM
MTS

FJR is a hell of a bike!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2013, 06:37 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Well the deed is done so I guess we can't talk you out of it. I would have suggested adding the hard bags to the Versys and using it. I have been all over the country on mine. My only nit is dealing with lubing the chain due to the lack of center stand.

The Concours is nice, but I avoid tight and off pavement situations with the Concours.

Good Luck with the FJR.

My Versys Travels:

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2013, 07:17 AM

I rode a new FJR at a Yamaha Demo event a few months back. By far the smoothest operating bike I've ever ridden. If I had the $$$ I'd seriously consider one!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2013, 07:55 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
It's not like you're walking away from riding, just changing direction.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013, 07:47 PM

You sold your Versys to get a touring bike?

My Versys is my touring bike.

Happy travels whatever you ride! Following your son's baseball career on two wheels sounds like fun.

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013, 08:36 PM

Congrats on the great new ride....basically a sofa strapped to a rocket...wise choice if you're doing a lot of highway miles. Keep the rubber down!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode