In case you missed it... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
In case you missed it...

...there's an article of mine in the January 2014 issue of Rider magazine featuring my '08 MOTO BONES on a route through eastern New York State. My friend Doug pieced together the route from roads he enjoys riding on his bicycle. Page 52 or click here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868

Last edited by Bones; 01-03-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 05:12 PM
rlj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
...there's an article of mine in the January 2014 issue of Rider magazine featuring my '08 MOTO BONES on a route through eastern New York State. My friend Doug pieced together the route from roads he enjoys riding on his bicycle. Page 52.
is there an on-line link by chance? I spend a lot of time in western NY but I plan a trip up the east coast soon this spring.

13 Yamaha FJR 1300
09 Kawasaki KLX 250S
05 HD Sportster Roadster 1200
02 Malaguti F12 Phantom 49cc Italian Scooter
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 05:19 PM
NYG

Bones,
I'll be sure to check it out. I am willing to bet it includes some of my regular routes, unless you dipped south.
I always enjoy your articles, thank you.

Mike

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlj View Post
is there an on-line link by chance? I spend a lot of time in western NY but I plan a trip up the east coast soon this spring.
Maybe, but not yet. The full-length travel features typically show up on line soon after the print edition is no longer for sale at newstands, but this story was a shorter, Favorite Ride piece. Those don't always get put on the website. If this one does, I'll post a link.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 06:11 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
So, are you a full time writer, or just happen to submit an article to the magazine? If the latter, what kind of money do they pay for an article? Just wondering if I should start sending unsolicited write-ups of my travels to various magazines.

My Versys Travels:

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Yes, I am a freelance writer by trade, but anyone can submit articles for consideration.

Make the effort to read any publication's Editorial Guidelines for Contributors, which you can find on their website. Pitch your specific story idea to the editor first so you don't waste your time and effort on something they don't need.

Photography is important. Even a well written story will be rejected if the photography is not up to standards.

Don't expect to get rich (or even cover your expenses) writing for moto magazines. It's fun, but I put a roof over my family's heads writing about other things.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868

Last edited by Bones; 12-11-2013 at 05:54 AM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2014, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlj View Post
is there an on-line link by chance?
Now that the January issue of the magazine is off news stands, the story link is up on Ridermagazine.com

LINKY

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868

Last edited by Bones; 01-03-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode