It's official!! 52 MPG - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Smile It's official!! 52 MPG

I commute 60 miles round trip everyday. At 52 MPG, i couldn't be happier with my decision on this bike. I had exactly 200 miles on tripometer when I visited the gas station. It took 3.84 gallons to fill up the tank. I have 1300+ miles on the bike now. I could easily put on 15000 miles in a year. I could recoup the cost of this bike in 2 years if the price of gas remains high. At any rate, I love the V. It's quiet and smooth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 09:59 AM

Congrats....I too love this bike. I got a high of 58.2 mpg on a recent trip up north Michigan. Although i average 50.1 around town. I've got 1500 miles on now. Seems to have improved a bit as i get some miles on. Less vibrations also.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 10:02 AM

Good deal! That is a pretty respectable number. I got 50 on my first full tank - hopefully that will increase some as the engine breaks in. Although at 6'5" tall, I do tend to catch quite a bit of wind!

Sadly, the V still guzzles gas compared to my wifes Honda Insight...lifetime average is at 60mpg and with the warmer weather setting in for summer, it's been running mid 60's.

Corey

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 10:53 AM

Thats not bad. I am going to ride mine to work also and at 50mpg that will equate to about 5 gallons per week. Much better than the 23 gallons in the ole Dodge
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 01:49 AM

52.4 this weekend, through the mountains, along the coast, and mostly into a 35mph headwind. THANK GOD for the Givi windscreen. I thought my mpg would plummet with that much wind. And another THANK GOD for the face shield on my helmet - the blowing sand was ridiculous! An older gentleman and two small boys got out of a car next to me in a parking lot next to a dune (car had California license plates - darn tourists) and they both hopped back in the car quick yelling "OW OWIE!"

I smiled and waved.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 12:28 AM

awsome milage

I started with a full tank & I got 355km & pt in 16.4 litres, still had a few litres to go. Thats driving normal & hard. I can't wait to drive to Halifax next year..It's close to 4000km round trip...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode