Bike Night at Cycle Gear in Mesa, AZ 05 December - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Bike Night at Cycle Gear in Mesa, AZ 05 December

The next bike night at the Mesa "Cycle Gear" will be on Thursday, 05 Dec, from 5PM till 8. How about you AZ Phoenix area riders showing up to meet some other Versys riders? Last year we did this and three of us made it.

I plan to be there, and theDustyOne hopes to make it down from Show Low, weather permitting, on his Tiger as his V is apart right now.

(I know they sell heated gear there....)

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

The forecast is for colder temps, plus snow up in the Show Low area where theDustyOne would be coming from.

What say we do the bike night in January instead?

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
The forecast is for colder temps, plus snow up in the Show Low area where theDustyOne would be coming from.

What say we do the bike night in January instead?

COLDER TEMPS????.....you FLATLANDERS got to do something to thicken up your blood man

I am up for January.
Even if the weather is cold.....I guess that I can just load "something" into the truck and come down anyway. That is assuming I can get down off of the mountain :roll eyes:

Later y'all
TheOldDustyOne

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

DustyOne - what I didn't add, was that another rider PM'd me that he couldn't make it due the cold.

Me? I just plug my Tourmaster Synergy stuff in, turn it to 2 or 3, and GO!!!

Oh well - NEXT month....

DEFINITELY will NOT go tonight.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
DustyOne - what I didn't add, was that another rider PM'd me that he couldn't make it due the cold.

Me? I just plug my Tourmaster Synergy stuff in, turn it to 2 or 3, and GO!!!

Oh well - NEXT month....

DEFINITELY will NOT go tonight.

eddie.....sorry brother, I DID NOT mean for my comment to refer to you at all!
You ride all over the place in all kinds of weather
You have been up to the Yukon (and I do not mean Yukon Oklahoma),
Yellow Knife, The Alaskan Highway (before AND after it was civilianized in order to allow cars & travel trailers easy access), and probably across the Trans-Canadian Highway and much more too.

FLATLANDERS- is a term we up here in the White Mountains "lovingly" call our Phoenix neighbors......our "cold-blooded" neighbors.

We love seeing "the tourists" in our area.
But at times, they are VERY EASY to spot.
.......their dress during times of chillier than normal temps just gives them away
and besides, it is relatively FLAT down there in the valley when compared to here!

I do not intend to insult anyone, cut down anyone, nor degrade anyone with my comments.

REMEMBER-----I Said LOVINGLY!!

Shoot, even the locals around here comment ON MY DRESS...which deep into the winter, I STILL AM WEARING SHORTS & a sweatshirt.
That probably being the result of living in Cheyenne WY for 5 years and many other cold places.

It IS NOT really the temps that make you cold....IT IS THAT DAMN WIND!

geez....talk about ramble!!!

sorry guys...hope to meet y'all next time!
dusty
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-07-2013, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

ATGATT generally refers to "dressing for the crash", but you SHOULD consider "dressing-for-laying-at-the-side-of-the-road-waiting-on-an-ambulance" for a spell.

Look forward to seeing you next meeting, DustyOne. Been thru Show Low a few times, particularly when I was riding the "Devils' Hwy" - 191 NOW...!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode