Moving..... DFW to Pacific NW - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Moving..... DFW to Pacific NW

Okay so finally I am getting out of the Sweaty Texas Summers and moving to the Scenic NW, Vancouver Washington to be exact.

I am truly excited to ride somewhere that is actually visually appealing and nice weather in which to do this. Just driving around in the car makes me want to jump on a bike and explore.

Any other Versys riders in the area let me know of some rides you have taken.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 05:00 PM

NW Versys Riders

A friend and I have Versys's and did a great ride down the coast to the Bay area. We are in Portland and love riding through the Columbia River Gorge. The Historic HWY along the Sandy River is great up to Crown Point and Multnomah Falls. . . So many good rides. Welcome!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 05:12 PM

Congratulations, I'm very excited for you man! I lived in the Gorge region, North Cascades and PDX for several years. Rainforest, desert, snow-capped mountains, and ocean all roughly a 1-2 hour drive/ride from each other. It's possibly the coolest all-around place in the lower 48. I miss it!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 05:15 PM

There's a small group of us up here in the Pacific Northwet, about a dozen Versys between Bellingham and Eugene.

Let us know when you are around, we've done a few rides and know some excellent roads.

Machog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 06:44 PM

+1 for Machog! The general collection of misfits, knee-draggers, dualies and tour riders around here are definately a fun bunch. Welcome to the jungle!

Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanks to all of you who responded so far. Machodog and Bicyclebob i will definitely let you know when my partner and I finally get up there.

I know the first ride we are doing is to Astoria, there is a coffee shop calling my name. It was a great drive but the ride will be so much better.

I wont be up there till around Mid Sept. Counting down the days and wishing it was time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode