Windsreen - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 02:31 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Windsreen

Hi folks. My name is Jesper Koch 36 yrs old and I live in Sweden. Yesterday i picked up my 09 brand new Versys. Iīve ridden a lot other bikes and the last one was a Z750. However the Versys must be one of the funniest bikes yet. Also moderately priced with great insurance costs.

The only thing I donīt like is the stock windsreen, It sucks. At first I thought it was my new helmet that was crap (Arai Chaser) despite earplugs it felt like the wind went right through the helmet. When I stod up on the footpegs above the screen everything went quiet. I tried to change position of the screen but i couldnīt get to work.

Is the Aftermarket Kawasaki/vario screen good. I must find another cause the stock drives me crazy. Other than that love the bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 04:33 AM

Cybercop.

Firstly, try turning the stock windscreen upside down for a ride.
Many have tried this and some prefer this.

Try typing windscreen and windshield in the search function.
There are many options and many have their own like/dislikes.
Some have gone to use adjustable windshield brackets for a solution.

I have tried the stock, upside down stock, Puig and now happy with Givi 405ST windshield.

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 06:58 AM

Welcome Jesper, I'm fairly new around here myself.
I'm 6'2 so it was difficult for me to hide behind the stock windshield at all. A new windshield was the first thing I replaced on the bike. I chose the Puig because I liked the looks of it the best. I've used these screens before and found them to be high quality. I've never tried the upside down stock configuration, but that sounds like its certainly worth a try- the price is good!!!!
The Puig is great looking, fits perfect, and is exceptionally well made, however I do get some buffeting at highway speeds. If I duck my head down a bit behind it, it all goes very quiet.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 07:43 AM

Hey Trailslapper, can you post the link for that windshield you got? I can't seem to find it.
Thanks
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 08:02 AM

Here is a link to one for sale on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Windscreen-Pu...3A1%7C294%3A30

I bought mine from a dealer who got it from Thibault Importations (Catalog Page Pic) in Canada, don't know who distributes in Europe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0160.jpg (222.4 KB, 76 views)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 02:15 PM

Cybercop I just installed the Kawasaki version of the Vairo wind screen. Read alot about it on this site. Got pretty good reviews. I'm 6'1" and was gettin bugs right in the eye line of my face shield and lots of wind noise. Put it on and still some wind noise but no where near as much and very little bugs. If any do get by the hit the very top of my face shield and my helmet. Paid $195.00 US. I would reccomend it. Good luck be safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode