What do ear plugs do you guys use? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
What do ear plugs do you guys use?

I use the disposable ear plugs that I got from my riding course instructor. I really like them and they stay put once the helmet is on. But, I got a box of those orange disposable ones and they are terrible,they don't stay in place and they don't do a very good job of keeping the noise out. Do you guys use anything that you swear by?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 08:31 AM

Check this out http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/earplugs/ my personal vav's are the Howard Leight Laser Lite: and i have tried many

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 08:35 AM

Children's red silicon swimmers. Come in a small box of 6. Stay put, lot's of noise reduction.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 08:48 AM
psc

I use molded plugs now. But I've used the foam plugs (of various styles) for the last 30 years. They all work well, but their comfort level varies according to riding duration and the uncompressed diameter of the plug. I can wear my molded plugs all day/night.
Note that in order to get a good fit, one must roll the foam into a pretty thin profile before inserting deeply into the ear canal. The foam would then expand to fill the contour of the canal. Pulling up on the ear helps with the insertion. Just pushing them into the ears won't work very well.
Peter
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 09:18 AM

Like a lot of other motorcycle protective gear, it doesn't matter what we like, only what fits you well. Your ear canal is not likely to be the same as mine, so an ear plug that feels comfortable all day to me, may be intolerable to you. I used to use Howard Leight Max, but they weren't comfortable for my wife, so I switched (back) to E-A-R Classic. I buy a box of 200 individually wrapped pairs and keep it in the garage. I also keep spares in my riding gear and tank bag, so that if you drop them or loose them (or meet someone that needs them ) on a ride you have a new pair handy.

If you don't have a good local store to go try different ear plugs, I would recommend you get one of these assorted packs and figure out what works best for you. If you don't try them for a reasonably long period of time, you can't tell if they'll be comfy on all day rides or not.

Gustavo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 10:10 AM

I like these the best, easy in and out, fit great under my helmet.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=279480
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 10:30 AM

I use the disposable ones that Lowes sells. They are 32 NNR and I have yet to find ones that are better.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 10:52 AM

Here is a link to what I use. You can buy them corded, or not. I too buy them by the box.

Maloy

http://www.labsafety.com/search/ear+...sredirect=true
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 11:55 AM

I use the ones attached to my mp3 player. Yeah I ride with music but I ride with it at a volume that is low enough to hear police and other emerg vehicles , but loud enough to cut through wind noise or I ride with just one in..

Working to make it my Streetfighter
V
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the other options guys. That webbikeworld link actually has the ones i was given, "lazer light." I didnt know the name. Im going to look for those now that i have a name. Ill try those childerens swimmers plugs as well.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 01:11 PM

Make sure you hold/gently push the plug in your ear as it expands, otherwise it will go out towards the opening, as much as expanding inside the ear cavity.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 02:56 PM

EAR classic - the yellow foam ones. I get them from work. I've tried lots of others, including custom molded ones, but I keep coming back to the yellow foam ones. They're comfy and they fit me well.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 03:16 PM

I use the EAR Push-ins, I just cut off the blue part and cords. Very easy to insert and very comfortable.

http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/purefoearpln.html
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robzilla View Post
EAR classic - the yellow foam ones. I get them from work. I've tried lots of others, including custom molded ones, but I keep coming back to the yellow foam ones. They're comfy and they fit me well.

Same plugs we use at work. I tried them when riding & didn't like them at all. I don't like wearing them at work either, but it's a necessary evil.

I've since switched from ear plugs to the ER6i noise blocking earphones. They work great whether listening to music, or just as ear plugs, with no music...

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 03:58 PM

Buy a PDA, use it for tunes and a GPS.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

I'm posting from my pda!

Anyways, that link showed me the name of the ear plugs I have now. Awesome! I bought a box of 100 on ebay for 20 bucks. Thanks!
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 07:38 PM

I like the EAR Classic plugs too, with cord.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 09:23 PM

Substituted the normal riding noise with another noise "Music".
Nokia E71 with sony earphones.
Let's long riding melt in the mist.. Not to loud, now.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 01:24 PM

I have had good luck with the blue foam earplugs from Walmart. I can't recall the name though. They are softer than most, and expand a little more slowly than most, but seal real well, and are comfortable for me.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 04:05 PM

I got these recommended to me by my sound reinforcement professor. He's owned a sound production company (concerts, festivals, etc...) for 25 years. They fir real well ans come with a small plastic case for them.
http://www.surefire.com/EP3-Sonic-Defenders

Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode