Took Delivery on my Versys Today! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Took Delivery on my Versys Today!

Just picked up my 2013 Pearl White Versys. Rode it home 40 miles, in the rain, on fresh, non scuffed tires. So, I can easily say, that we've already had our first adventure together lol. Coming from a 2013 Ninja 300 SE, I have to say, The riding position is perfect, the mirrors are actually useful, and the seat is amazingly comfortable. Hopefully the weather will co-operate tomorrow so that I can get some seat time/miles in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 04:34 PM

Garage
Sweet! Congratulations. I put mine in Winter storage today, so I especially envy you now. Enjoy!

Always trust your cape.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 04:36 PM

Sounds extremly nice!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATYC View Post
Sweet! Congratulations. I put mine in Winter storage today, so I especially envy you now. Enjoy!
What's this "winter storage" you speak of?

I think I'm really going to enjoy this bike. I put 7500 miles on my ninja in 6 months, so I really needed something that will allow me to ride longer distances more comfortably, while still affording me the ability to canyon carve a bit.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adurbin View Post
Just picked up my 2013 Pearl White Versys. Rode it home 40 miles, in the rain, on fresh, non scuffed tires. So, I can easily say, that we've already had our first adventure together lol. Coming from a 2013 Ninja 300 SE, I have to say, The riding position is perfect, the mirrors are actually useful, and the seat is amazingly comfortable. Hopefully the weather will co-operate tomorrow so that I can get some seat time/miles in.
Congrats! btw, your bike's identical twin brother is with me here in NJ. LOL
... with some mods: givi windshield & mra xcreen lip, sw motech crashguards, barkbuster handguards, motorwerk riser, rear spools, fork sliders, sw motech topcase rack all for bike's protection.

ride safely!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Congrats.....Yea were having a cold spell here also....http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USCA0638.html .....Was about 90 degrees yesterday..

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 05:33 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Congrats. Did you trade in the Ninja 300 SE. Love the looks of that SE.

My Versys Travels:

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 05:46 PM

I too got the pearl stardust. Congrats! And I too, traded a Ninja in for it. It's an awesome ride. Coming from a ZX6R I was shocked at it's performance aspect. Streetwise, it's every bit as fun, with added confidence due to it's forgiving suspension. Plus the stock gearing makes it a blast to ride, leaving you feeling it has more power than it actually does.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Congrats. Did you trade in the Ninja 300 SE. Love the looks of that SE.
I did. I loved the little ninjette for it's fuel economy and it's nimbleness in the twisty stuff, but it definitely wasn't the bike for me. I rarely throw a leg over that I don't ride at least 150 miles in a day, and the riding position and the plank of a seat just didn't cut it.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX6RTraded View Post
I too got the pearl stardust. Congrats! And I too, traded a Ninja in for it. It's an awesome ride. Coming from a ZX6R I was shocked at it's performance aspect. Streetwise, it's every bit as fun, with added confidence due to it's forgiving suspension. Plus the stock gearing makes it a blast to ride, leaving you feeling it has more power than it actually does.
Yes yes! I am hoping like crazy that the weather here in East Tennessee allows me to get some serious seat time tomorrow.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 06:13 PM

I would have never thought a Versys was more of a blast to ride than a ninja......But it is!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX6RTraded View Post
I would have never thought a Versys was more of a blast to ride than a ninja......But it is!
The first sharp turn was a bit weird because of sitting up so much taller than the ninja, but what little bit of riding I got to do today was worlds apart from the little ninja. With the type of riding and distances that I like to put in, I'm positive I have found the perfect bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode