Face shield is fogging up in the morning. - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Face shield is fogging up in the morning.

So, any tips or products you guys use for the fogging up of the inside of your helmets?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

Is your helmet an AGV? If so, I have an extra breath guard you can have, brand new. I don't think it'll fit any other helmet, though.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

I have a shark helmet. It came with some small inster that "kind of" covers the nose when the helmet is on. Nothing fancy though.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Other than trying opening the visor to the first click, or rain-x's anti fogging stuff, I don't know any other tricks....

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 07:23 PM

The fog city shield insert is the best thing I have ever used for fogging shields.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ac=2&zmap=3820
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 07:31 PM

sled tricks

for snowmobiling, alot of helmets have optional dual lens visors. I bought a liner that sticks on to my arai sheild to make it dual lens. I beleive it's call pro-grip (brand name). Smith also sells a no-fog cloth that you wipe on the inside of you visor.... I've heard that coating the inside with soap does the same thing................never tried that....lol
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 01:16 AM

Hi Mcampana,

Used Fog city before. Good stuff.
Rain X is also good.

In case of extreme need, good O saliva works. Some smell though.
Sure as used when training with real fireman in fire-fighting training.

Best Regards.

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 01:30 AM

Pinlock , If you can fit this product to your helmet its the way to go, voted No 1 here in europe where often in winter you get misting on cold damp mornings this item just works,
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 03:38 AM

I use Fog City insert too, great product, no fogging.
Pinlock is even better, but a little more expensive because in the US many helmets are not sold with Pinlock-ready visors (with the little protrusions built in). So you would have to buy a new visor and a Pinlock insert.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 06:22 AM

+1 on the Fog City. FYI, ProGrip (the hand grip people) also make one. It's bigger than the Fog City, which has ups and downs. Larger area covered, but more difficult to apply properly. I've used both and they are pretty much perfect once applied properly.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Respro Foggy. It is a helmet insert that forms a pretty good seal along your checkbones and bridge of your nose. All of your breath is forced down and out instead of contacting your visor and fogging it up. It's very effective, but I found I didn't like having something in my helmet all the time. I wear earphones, so keep the Foggy straight while I put my helmet was a pain sometimes. Very effective though. CycleGear sells them for about $12. They also carry the Fog City and ProGrip inserts for roughly $10-12.

Chris in Oneonta, NY
08 Versys that replaced my beloved 07 KLR650

>>>> states on a bike <<<<
>>>> East Coast done <<<<
>>>>> Westward HO! <<<<<
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 12:57 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to rponiarski
I have used Fog City inserts in the past and they weren't too bad, though at night it seems to be more of an issue. For cold weather riding I now use a Foggy Mask by Respro. They have them at the Helmet Harbor for a while and they work great. Never have a problem even down to temps in the '40's. They are originally from the UK, but have been here in the States for a few years now. Highly recommended...

Richard M. Poniarski
'09 Kawasaki Versys
AMA#: 674623
ROK #: 100024905
Everybody is entitled to the reality of their own choosing...

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 01:27 PM

I just got a tip this weekend to anti-fog racketball protective glasses, but have not yet tried it. The guy said clean your visor with shaving cream and it will not fog. He said it works for motorcycles visors, goggles, safety glasses, dive masks, etc. It's worth a try since it's essentially free.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 02:25 PM

I've thought about drilling a few small holes in each side of the lower part of the visor that would let air in. I could tape over it in cold/wet weather. Of course it would require carrying a roll of electrical tape or something similar. Probably would whistle like mad too. I'm gonna do this evening if I get the time.

2009 Versys
2000 Vulcan Drifter 800
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 07:04 PM

speedo

If you want to try some spray on stuff: I have not used it on my bike shield yet, but I use it all the time on my face shield for ice hockey. Speedo (the swimsuit co.) makes anti-fog spray for swim googles and is the most effective spray I have found for my hockey helmet. Available on the Speedo web site.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 07:27 PM

Hold Your Breath

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Damn fellas! Those are alot of responses, and very helpful. Ill try the shaving cream deal tomorrow and see how it works, Im also going to look into the other products as well and give them a try. I will do my own report on them and let you all know which one i found works the best.

Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode