trade-in value for 2011 versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
trade-in value for 2011 versys

Hey all,

I am looking into trading in my Versys for a bike i have been wanting for a while - a Concours 14. The dealer already said they don't have a lot to offer me on a trade and KBB says 3650 for trade-in on a 2011 Versys.

The bike has 15k miles on it and has a couple of scratches, but 3650 is a bit low. The dealership has the best price on the C-14 though.

What do you all think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 07:21 AM
rlj

Ha, I was at my local dealer yesterday checking out the Concours and FJR myself. They had a Red 08 on the floor for $3900 and change, not sure of the mileage. Trade-in for $3650 is probably realistic.......It will take some time but selling it yourself is always the best route to go, as you probably know.

13 Yamaha FJR 1300
09 Kawasaki KLX 250S
05 HD Sportster Roadster 1200
02 Malaguti F12 Phantom 49cc Italian Scooter
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 07:40 AM

I think that may be a little low, you do have high mileage for your year though. Positive about trading a bike in is it's done, no haggling with buyers on price. Cleaning and time to present bike to potential buyers. Maybe $1K more for your bike is possible depending on condition. Negative, well trade in value is way below what it's worth. Me personally I would never trade in a bike, I don't like giving money away. I would at least give it a week on Craigslist or Versysforum before trade in. Just think what a "G" would by in accessories for your new bike!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlj View Post
...Trade-in for $3650 is probably realistic.......It will take some time but selling it yourself is always the best route to go, as you probably know.
+1 That's KBB value. Retail is only $5,345.

There has been a blue 2009 (used) at my dealership for several years, has ~ 11,000 miles on it. They are asking $5795. I realize they price high to haggle but it makes me laugh to see the tag. I bought my 2010 new for ~$7100 + fees for comparison.

Your dealer knows he is going to have to sit on it for a long time and is not going to offer more.

You have to decide if you want to put in the work to sell it privately or pay the price by trading. As mentioned, trading has its benefits as its done and your riding the new bike!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 04:17 PM

a local dealer is advertising 6498.00 for 2013's. (versys) Don't know what the fee's are. but it has been a buyers market not sellers for the last couple of years.

NEW 2013 KAWASAKI VERSYS 650 KLE650 BLOWOUT SALE!! NO HIDDEN FEES!! - $6498 (Rockingham , NC)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 05:15 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Just keep it. The Versys is the perfect compliment bike to the Concours.

Your dealer has the best price on a Concours? Did you check with sportcycles in Rockingham, NC? I got $3000 off on a 2012 in May of 2012. No fees.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 06:20 PM

Sell it yourself. It should not be too bad. There is demand for the Versys. Since its not a cruiser or a crotch rocket dealers just don't know how to sell it. Some think they are selling a BMW and want to price it like it, others think they are selling a dirt bike.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Just keep it. The Versys is the perfect compliment bike to the Concours.

Your dealer has the best price on a Concours? Did you check with sportcycles in Rockingham, NC? I got $3000 off on a 2012 in May of 2012. No fees.
I would except I can't really afford 2 bikes. Sportcycle has a 2012 for 11.5k and dealer up here has a 2013 for 11.9 in black (not really my fav color). But they are closer and I get a year newer bike. Maybe I will call them tomorrow to see.

I wonder if I can use the 1000 cash incentive Kawi offers for the purchase..
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 08:51 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stallhorn View Post
I would except I can't really afford 2 bikes. Sportcycle has a 2012 for 11.5k and dealer up here has a 2013 for 11.9 in black (not really my fav color). But they are closer and I get a year newer bike. Maybe I will call them tomorrow to see.

I wonder if I can use the 1000 cash incentive Kawi offers for the purchase..
They are probably including the incentive in their price, but doesn't hurt to ask. I didn't necessarily want black, but I bought it thinking I would get some lime green accent paint. That hasn't worked out because I am not the artistic type and don't want to pay and unknown artist what it would cost to hire an artist to come up with a paint scheme.

I wish I lived close to Chip Foose and could get him to design and paint the bike.

My Versys Travels:

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 11:44 AM

Yeah, $3650 is a bit harsh to deal with on a bike that's just a couple years old. No way to justify that on any kind of equitable value basis. The dealership is in business to make money, and people trading in perfectly good motorcycles for new motorcycles is how they do that. Thanks for doing your part to keep the doors open, bro!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode