09 versys (GREEN)
06 vulcan 2000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 09:17 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs up

That's justice!!!!.....& it was brought to you by the British media!!!
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 09:22 AM

That was awesome! "OK sir, here's your bike back." (OK, I don't know what he said...)

Last moto that guy will ever steal. I don't think a helmet would have saved him...hahaha...

Someday is not a day of the week.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britmick View Post
That's justice!!!!.....& it was brought to you by the British media!!!
Sometimes even they get it right

09 versys (GREEN)
06 vulcan 2000
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 09:43 AM
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by remcbride View Post
Sometimes even they get it right
Ouch!!!

Actually I don't want to get into a debate about USA v UK media coverage,
but...............I hear most Americans have been told they live in a "free" country by your media........................
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 10:56 AM
MTS

Perfect timing!

There was some debate as to, did he have his gun drawn.

I could care less he got his! Live by die by!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 11:14 AM

Lesson to be learned kids.

Go BUY your own toys. Live by the sword and die by it.

Cheers!

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britmick View Post
Ouch!!!

Actually I don't want to get into a debate about USA v UK media coverage,
but...............I hear most Americans have been told they live in a "free" country by your media........................
there isnt enough time to debate the "FREE" country statement,,I personally know its not a free country.. the sad part is there are many that live here for what a lot of people consider is free.. as far as USA vs UK media i wouldnt trust either one without doing my own research,,

09 versys (GREEN)
06 vulcan 2000
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by remcbride View Post
there isnt enough time to debate the "FREE" country statement,,I personally know its not a free country.. the sad part is there are many that live here for what a lot of people consider is free.. as far as USA vs UK media i wouldnt trust either one without doing my own research,,
The majority of the workers in the shop I work in are of Hispanic heritage & frequently complain about living in the United States. If it's so bad HERE why are THEY here?
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 11:48 AM
djg

The Telegraph is a conservative newspaper. Shot during an armed robbery.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 04:35 PM

I'm glad everything went well (unless you're a motorcycle thief) but WOW, I'm glad the cop didn't miss his target because who was standing right behind the target, the victim. I'm not sure the cop should've taken that shot if he didn't have to.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 07:14 PM

He had to take the shot, he was on video...lol...

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 08:31 PM

Robber was armed, so shoot first - ask later, is justified.
Glad cop was a top shot, double tap and it's over.

Man, sure feel glad for the biker
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock19 View Post
Robber was armed, so shoot first - ask later, is justified.
Glad cop was a top shot, double tap and it's over.

Man, sure feel glad for the biker
I'm not questioning his justification in shooting the thief, I'm questioning how clear is shooting lane was.
Look where this is being filmed from, right behind the thief, almost lined up right down the barrel of the cops gun. Keep in mind, that camera isn't levitating in space, there's an innocent persons head, face and body right under it.
A little too close for me. I'm glad it turned out but it could've easily gone very wrong, that's a big chance to take with someone elses life.

Last edited by ray h; 10-17-2013 at 08:45 PM.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 09:04 PM

I understand your concern Ray, but any experience shooter (who has hours in the range) with a familiar weapon will have very tight groupings and they seldom stray. More so when he's in the "ready". A marksman can even tap you between the eyes 10 feet away and I believe the cop has the skill and confidence to match or else he wont just discharge his weapon.

DYKT in some countries, the LEO's partners holds the scoreboard over their heads while the LEO takes his shots and vice versa ? This is to build the confidence mentioned. Too bad the NYPD shot all bystanders during a shootout
http://www.infowars.com/nypd-cops-ac...ractice-again/
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 09:22 AM

Garage
Quote:
I understand your concern Ray, but any experience shooter (who has hours in the range) with a familiar weapon will have very tight groupings and they seldom stray. More so when he's in the "ready". A marksman can even tap you between the eyes 10 feet away and I believe the cop has the skill and confidence to match or else he wont just discharge his weapon.

DYKT in some countries, the LEO's partners holds the scoreboard over their heads while the LEO takes his shots and vice versa ? This is to build the confidence mentioned. Too bad the NYPD shot all bystanders during a shootout

LOP
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Banned

Exclamation

I think in the highly volatile suburbs in Brazil (Rio?) it's a way of life to them, it's something we don't understand (almost though, l lived in Vegas for 4yrs!)
& the way the cop dealt with it, didn't have to deal with sh*t from passers by, probably got commended by the media, & just f*cked off home because his dinner was ready shows their mentality in dealing with scumbags!
Also, just after the cop got back in his micro-car did you notice the cop van just carry on going with the traffic in the inside lane? (they either didn't want to get involved or it was "let's get to the burger café" time!)
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:

I'm not too bad of a shot myself, I would even say I'm a "marksman", actually, many years ago the USMC called me an "expert". Just yesterday I sighted in the Truglo sights on my new gen4 G26 carry gun and I impressed myself at how well I shoot that gun that I considered getting rid of my G19 for a short moment then came to my senses, I'm never getting rid of my good ole gen2 G19, we've been together way too long, and, it is a gen2, enough said.
So shooting at the range is a little different than shooting at a moving target while you are also someone elses moving target. Even considering the cop made two good shots and hit his target, don't forget, a few inches of muscle and fat doesn't always stop a bullet, Where's that bullet going after it passes through the thief?
Maybe the cop throught he had to take the shot because his life was in danger right then and there with no avoiding it, I'm ok with that, but considering the proximity of an innocent person to the intended target, I still think it was a risky couple of shots.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 02:29 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

In a life or death situation I think the Brazilian cop did what he is payed to do & he did it well!!!
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 07:55 PM

at 48 seconds into the video, the cop takes the shots. His gun lines up with the victim over the middle of the forearm on the robber, which is about a feet away from body mass. Shooting from about 8 feet away, that's A LOT of room for error. If the bullet goes through the robber, it would probably miss the victim by 6 feet if not more.

Besides, the robber is looking straight ahead, i don't think he even noticed the cop shooting at him until seconds after he was already shot.

Peter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode