Versys In California - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Question Versys In California

I am really interested in buying a Versys but it doesn't look like they are sold in California. Does anybody know why? Also, do you know if it is possible to buy out of state and bring it in?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 01:36 AM

I've heard...

Iíve heard that it has to do with emissions Ė the 2008 is does not meet California standards, but the 2009 will. I donít think you could bring one in from another state and operate the vehicle legally, but donít quote me.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

wait

I guess I'll just have to wait until that one comes out. Other than the emissions do you know of any changes that are going to come with the 2009?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 10:40 AM

?

I haven't heard of any changes (other than emissions) for the 2009 model. Maybe there will be a choice of colors next year.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 11:41 AM

I believe that the bike can be brought in from another state as long as it has 7,500 miles on it. From what I remember that was what I was told when a guy bought my last bike from me.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Any idea why 7,500 miles is the lucky number? At 7,500 I might as well wait, there probably aren't a whole lot with that many miles in the States yet. I hope they come out with some new colors in USA, I like the black one and the silver one, red isn't my style.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 12:25 PM

This is the quote from the California DMV site:
Quote:
What Is Considered a New Vehicle?

California law considers any vehicle with less than 7,500 miles on the odometer when acquired by a California resident or business to be a new vehicle. This holds true whether or not the vehicle has been registered in another state. If you acquire a new vehicle from another state, you may not subsequently drive it to accumulate over 7,500 miles to circumvent the law. DMV cannot accept an application to register the vehicle, and you cannot register or operate the vehicle in California.
A lot of good info is on that page actually. From what I can see there may be a few ways around it. Also from what people have said, the 2009 Versys is supposed to be available in California with the proper emissions equipment. They may even have another choice of colors. I know the European models get Green and Blue this year so maybe they are next for us.

The DMV site I found the info on:
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures...cts/ffvr29.htm

Last edited by Enemy Zero; 03-09-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode