17,769 - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I had my bike inspected today now I'm good for another year. I have 17,769 miles on it and I'm on my 3rd set of tires. I'll be over 20,000 miles by the end of the month, probably 25,000 by the end of the year. My car has went down the tubes and I ride the bike all the time now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 11:36 AM

Can you tell us more? I'd be interested in hearing a little history, like when you bought it and where you ride, what you use it for, and maybe some impressions of the bike you may have. Obviously this bike has treated you well so tell us about it. As far as I've read you have ridden one more miles than anybody else on this site. I'm thinking about buying one and your input would be valuable. Thanks.

Jeff
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 03:06 PM

Just turned 20k on mine, think there are a lot out there with more than that.

Buying a Versys is a decision you won't regret. After 20k it is still the best bike I've ever had. Around 50mpg, 5 gallon tank = 200miles+ between fills. Cruise all day at 85mph or more. Great in the twisties. Good two up, good for long distance touring. I've put over 500miles in a day on it numerous times covering the Western US and Canada.

I'm coming to the end of my third set of tires, stock Flops, Conti Road Attacks, Pilot Road Power, probably go with Roadsmarts or maybe a dual sport. Its not a great off road bike, but its fine on logging and gravel roads.

Went to a couple of bike stores today, looked at Triumph's, Honda's, KTM's and Kawasaki's. For the money there is nothing out there that comes close. Thought I wanted the new BMW 800GS, but to get it tricked out, it would be about twice the cost of a new Versys. Plus it doesn't do much more, probably better in tougher off-road situtations, but I don't go there.

Machog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode