New Versys OEM tankbag - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-13-2013, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New Versys OEM tankbag

I just received the new tankbag offered through Kawasaki for the Versys. This thing is really, really nice.

I had a chance to use it the last few days and it's by far the best I've found......and I've had several.
It is designed just for our bikes and will expand 3" too making it plenty big enough without being too big. It has magnets that fits the tank and has a safety strap up front that clips on the lower edge of the tank. The back strap is very nicely made, it loops under the seat and has Velcro to secure it to the bag. Lifts right up for fuel access easily too.
Overall, I'm very impressed with the fit and finish. It's definitely top quality.

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-13-2013, 06:33 PM

If I were to take any overnight road trips, that would be a nice addition to my top case!
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-13-2013, 07:19 PM

Nice post!

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 07:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Will that "window" hold a map, or is it just for e-devices? I still like maps.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 08:00 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Nice. Tank bag on the versys has been an issue.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Hey Smiley,

I too like maps, in fact that's all I use.

On this long week-end trip I placed a piece of foam inside the compartment with my maps on top of it and it worked like a champ.
It's zippered on top with Velcro around the rest of the window making it easy to open, ran thru some rain and it sealed good.

The area is perfect for change, door openers, etc.

Dan
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 10:15 AM

What was the cost and has anyone found a 3rd party seller? I'd like to avoid my local stealership.

May the road always curve in front of you.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
It looks good on the bike just a little big for my taste..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 01:15 PM

Does it fit 1st gen bikes?
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Hey Zatx,
The MSRP is $134.95 but I just checked ronayers.com and they have them for $120.42 with free shipping.

Moosenart,
Mine is an '08 model, the bag will fit all years of the Versys.

Dan
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 01:39 PM

Wow! That looks like a great bag.
Not a bad price either.

Hooligan
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 09:36 PM

It's a nice looking, and practical bag

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 12:36 AM

Does anybody have the part#
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 07:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Part #K57003-112 Tank Bag
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Nice. Tank bag on the versys has been an issue.
Twenty nine dreams?

Cheers!

post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 08:44 AM

I have the OEM Versys soft tail bag and love it. It's great quality and has held up extremely well. This tank bag matches it perfectly and I'm sure it's made by the same manufacturer as you can tell from the above photos. It's definitely on my "to buy" list now.

May the road always curve in front of you.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 09:09 AM

I'll he picking one up as well! Good find.

Hooligan
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-27-2013, 05:06 PM

Garage
I needed to order some OEM parts so I decided to add the Versys tank bag to the order. Saved me $8.00 in shipping on the other parts so a great price overall for a tank bag that actually fits the versys. I will see how it fits on the other bikes, but if it only works for the Versys that is OK.

My Versys Travels:

post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-28-2013, 01:00 PM

Garage
I did notice on Kawasaki's website that the have new tank bags for several sport bikes. The numbers are slightly different which means different mounting points, but it looks like they all have the window compartment. Keeping my fingers crossed. It would be nice keeping my 10 riding essentials in the bag and move it from bike to bike.

My Versys Travels:

post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 01:12 PM

Just ordered it from my local dealer - they price matched $120 and it took about 5 days to So Cal.

Thanks for the part No. - made ordering super easy.

Great bag. I balked at first at the size...but it really has come in handy. The window doesn't fit the iPhone vertically - but it fits horizontally - that's fine for me.

I really like the felt sunglass pouch on the front too.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2009 Blue Kawa Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode