Sargent Seat for the V - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Sargent Seat for the V

I contacted Sargent about a Versys seat and here is the reply...any body in Jax want to step up??

Graham,

First, I would like to thank you for contacting Sargent Cycle Products!

I currently have a client seat here for the Versys in hopes that we would be able to do a Premium Foam upgrade template on it. To my dismay, the dealership I normally work with has sold their last Versys and I do not have a machine to work off of. We must have a machine available to work these seat templates. This allows us to attain the perfect seating comfort and height. We are currently looking for a local owner that would be willing to loan us their machine to complete this process but so far have had no luck in locating one.

Should you be local or know someone who is, we would be able to discount the end product in trade for use of the Versys to complete this upgrade template. This particular process rarely takes more than a day or two and all machines are stored inside, in our studio during the duration of it's visit to us.

In the mean time, please take a moment to look over our Custom Seat Services link on our web page at http://www.sargentcycle.com/custserv.htm. There you will find may options to improve your ride Sargent style. Should you decide to go this route, you may phone and speak with one of our highly experienced Custom Seat Services Representatives and they can guide you through this process and explain to you how we can design a seat to suit your needs.

I thank you again for contacting Sargent and as always....Ride Safe!

Mary Pestalitz
Research and Development
Sargent Cycle Products
904-354-4531 ext 119
www.SargentCycle.com
Jacksonville, Florida

Graham

To do is to be. -Descartes
To be is to do. -Voltaire
Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

States I've ridden in so far

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 12:51 PM

They will probably give you the seat too.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 01:49 PM

Sargent seats are fantastic, and this would be a great addition to the Versys aftermarket.

If anyone in that general area can lend Sargent their V for a day or two, please consider it!!! Not only will you get a great deal on a fantastic seat, you will be doing the Versys community a GREAT service!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Yep....I have had Sargent seats on 3 bikes so far...better than any other brand I have used.

Graham

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 12:09 PM

thanks
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 01:40 PM
FJS

Thumbs up

+1 on that, same here
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 08:15 PM

Woo hoo!!

Looks like we have a Versys rider heading to Sargent on Monday.

http://forums.kawasakiversys.com/sho...ted=1#post5292

Thanks Ratmonkey!! We all owe you one.

~Mike

Future Versys owner in 3...2...
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Sweeeeeeeeeet!

Graham

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 09:36 AM

Is the Sergeant seat going to be taller for all of us Herman Monsters riding the V?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 02:04 PM

Too soon to know for sure, but its common for Sargent to build a seat that's just a hair taller then stock, but to narrow it down more then the stock seat as it tapers toward the front.

This allows shorter riders to reach the ground easier, even though its a bit taller, and gives the tall guys a bit more room while riding.

Click this link and scroll down to the seat height section for a better explanation.
http://sargentcycle.com/suzwsvstrom.htm

~Mike

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 08:56 PM

Update!!

Ratmonkey took his bike in to Sargent today. They now have what they need to develop the Versys seat. Thanks Ratmonkey!!

http://forums.kawasakiversys.com/sho...ted=1#post5430

~Mike

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 12:45 PM

I contacted Sargent Cycle products this week to inquire about the seat for the Versys and when to expect production. The news was not good. Please read their Response.

First I would like to thank you for your interest in Sargent Cycle Products!

Unfortunately, the PFU for the Versys has been canceled. Please see below for further information.

We always bring a loaner machine into our studio to study and develop Sargent seats. We had full intensions to bring a new line of product to our Versys riders until we got the machine in here. This particular stock seat has some real problems from the start. The original design of the stock pan and how it attaches to the machine made it pretty much impossible to get the riding platform level. The transition between the front and rear riding platforms in the pan has a serious "hump" in it. One of the complaints that we were receiving is common in allot of the sport bike models in that the seat has a tendency to force you to slide forward into the tank. Not a good thing primarily for the gentleman riders. Another problem it has it that the distance between the seat and the pegs is shorter than most machines making it a bit uncomfortable for our longer legged clients.

Our goal was to level out the platform to prevent the tank encounters by cutting into the rear portion of the front seat and raising the front portion.
We also wanted to try and raise the height a bit to give the rider more room between the seat and pegs and dishing the riders platform would allow more surface area to make contact with the rider to prevent pressure points.

The pan design prevented us from getting the seat 100% level with out bottoming out on the rear portion of the pan. We can only raise the front of the foam so much before the foam starts to give under the stretching of the cover thus preventing us from attaining the 1" increase in height most our clients were asking for. We did however manage to dish the seating area and add the Super Cell foam to make the ride more comfortable and get the level closer to where is should be to prevent the rider from being forced into the tank.

Unfortunately, because of the difficult pan design, the design team has decided that we will not be offering a template PFU for this machine. We will however, work with individual riders in Custom Seat Services. This way, instead of offering a seat we that cannot attain the perfect design Sargent is known for, we can offer an improved seat with the clients understanding that this particular seat has some issues that will not allow us to arrive at the optimum level or a much higher riding platform Sargent Cycle would of liked to attain in this design as per our clients requests .

This only means that rather than a template foam design, our Versys riders can opt to use our Custom Seat Services if they want an improved seat designed around their specifications within the limitations of the stock pan. Please take a moment and view our Custom Seat Services at this link: http://www.sargentcycle.com/custserv.htm to see the options we have to offer and learn how it is done.

We welcome all questions and comments and ask that you feel free to contact us via email or phone.

We appreciate you interest in Sargent Cycle Products and as always...Ride Safe.

Mary Pestalitz
Research and Development
Sargent Cycle Products
904-354-4531 ext 119
www.SargentCycle.com
Jacksonville, Florida
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 01:55 PM

Well, at least the custom seat services look reasonably priced.

I may go that route.

Don
"ride more, worry less"
2005 Suzuki GSXR1000 (slightly bent) - Track
2000 Honda VFR800 - Street
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode