Ride On sealer/balancer - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2013, 05:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ride On sealer/balancer

Just changed out my front tire and balanced it using Ride On. It works so well I had to hop on and give it some praise. I highly recommend the stuff. I have no idea if it seals punctures as well as it appears to in the YouTube videos but I can say it definitely balances a tire.

Very smooth ride into work this morning at well over legal interstate recommendations.

Free tire review included: Swapped my old Metzeler Sportec M3 for a new one. Great tire with decent wear. I forgot to record my mileage last change but I bought my old one in August of last year and I ride 40mi/day to/from work year-round (unless there's snow or ice on the road) if that gives you an idea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013, 11:28 PM

Balancing wheels is really easy, and you can use your bike on swingarm and (if balancing front wheel) fork stands to be your balancing stand.

I'm sure Ride-On is good for punctures in its coverage area, but the one time I used it it's coverage area wasn't big enough and it wasn't useful to me. It formed a band around the tire towards the center of the tread. When you have this tire removed, inspect it and see if you're satisfied with the area that appears protected from flats.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samill2 View Post
Just changed out my front tire and balanced it using Ride On. It works so well I had to hop on and give it some praise. I highly recommend the stuff. I have no idea if it seals punctures as well as it appears to in the YouTube videos but I can say it definitely balances a tire.

Very smooth ride into work this morning at well over legal interstate recommendations.

Free tire review included: Swapped my old Metzeler Sportec M3 for a new one. Great tire with decent wear. I forgot to record my mileage last change but I bought my old one in August of last year and I ride 40mi/day to/from work year-round (unless there's snow or ice on the road) if that gives you an idea.
+100! used it for my recent 10000km trip in Europe. it is an excellent product and the ride feels much smoother

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 03:25 AM

It does work and seals punctures.

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidg View Post
Balancing wheels is really easy, and you can use your bike on swingarm and (if balancing front wheel) fork stands to be your balancing stand.

I'm sure Ride-On is good for punctures in its coverage area, but the one time I used it it's coverage area wasn't big enough and it wasn't useful to me. It formed a band around the tire towards the center of the tread. When you have this tire removed, inspect it and see if you're satisfied with the area that appears protected from flats.
Thanks. I'll inspect the coverage area during the next swap but I'm trying to understand why I would want to manually balance my tire when I can just dump in a sealant that does it for me (and does it well so far). Even if it doesn't cover a wide area, I see it as an extra safety measure.

In fact, my last tire was balanced...mechanically? (with a lead weight - I don't know the technical jargon) and lost its balance over time while Ride On will apparently dynamically re-balance if the tire changes since it doesn't harden.

http://youtu.be/V2eTQk0Oarg

Are there other brands out there that provide a wider coverage area without hardening?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samill2 View Post
Are there other brands out there that provide a wider coverage area without hardening?
The other tire sealants that I'm aware of make a mess in your tire/wheel, and should generally be avoided in tubeless tires. Ride-on does not make a mess.

Did your weights fall off to make your previous tire lose balance? I haven't noticed a motorcycle tire going out of balance before. Better to use steel weights than lead.

If something changes I wonder if Ride-On will rebalance. It doesn't seem to move around much once it's in place. You could stick a couple of weights on as an experiment to find out.

A lot of people claim dyna beads or airsoft pellets inside the tire balance their tires. Others claim it can't work. And I think tire manufacturers universally recommend against it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2013, 10:10 AM

Works great with neutech tubliss setup in dirt bikes, no mess like Slime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode