Is the Kawasaki Versys really selling? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Is the Kawasaki Versys really selling?

I really like the Kawasaki Versys, and will probably be a purchaser in the near future.

But I was wondering if it will still be around when I am ready to buy. As we all know, the USA is about cruisers and sportbikes. So, does anyone know if the dealers (or Kawasaki for that matter) are satisfied with the sales so far?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 11:03 AM

What I am hearing from my dealer is you may not be able to find one when you decide to purchase. They can't keep them on the floor. Now some places are different and I think it has to do with geography. If there are any curves within 100 miles the V is selling quickly. My dealer has gone through his allottment and is trading with other dealers to get them back in. The longest one has sat on his floor is 2 months when it first hit the showroom. I do not know what the mothership is seeing, but I don't see it being pulled anytime soon and if it does I now have a collectors bike but it will be high mileage.
post #3 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 01:26 PM

I think once they catch on they will be hard to get, I wouldn't wait to long. I just picked one up, nice bike can't wait to get it broken in and see what it really does. Baddone is right, geography has something to do with it, most people around here go for sport bikes, cruisers or total off road. I am not sure but I think mine sat on the floor for awhile.

post #4 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 06:25 PM

Hi all!
In Vegas I sat on my first VerSys on Thursday. The dealer had three. I went back on Saturday. They had two. Went back Sunday and they had one. I called another dealer here in Vegas and they sold their last one late last week.

At least here in Las Vegas, they seem to be selling rather well.
post #5 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 09:22 AM

New jersey reporting, the dealer i went to had only one and i bought it. as of about 3 weeks ago he didnt not have another. there is another local dealer that i go into once in a while and a few weeks ago he did not have one and just the other day he did so im sure he had one and sold it already.

a freind of mine said he saw one on the road about a month ago. i have yet to see one on the road and i kind of like it that way.
post #6 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 01:22 PM

I live in the Houston, TX area, and know for a fact that the Versys isn't selling well down here. One dealership I went to still has the original Versys from last August still on the showroom floor. They parked it in the back corner next to a new-old-stock Honda 599, and a last generation KLR 650. In the Hill-Country area (San Antonio and Austin) there are many V-Strom 650's and a few Multistrada's. Perhaps the Versys is selling well over there due to the fact that the terrain is more hilly.

-Skeezix

'I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent'

Yeah, that’s a statistic sample size of 1, category “anecdotal evidence”, but there it is.

"You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos motherfu#&er!!" -Red, from Pineapple Express.
post #7 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 02:10 PM

The dealer I went to said they were required to buy at least one of everything that Kawasaki makes. They were selling the V at $5995 to get it out the door and "make room for stuff that they could really sell"

But this is relatively flat, open country, so I suspect big cruisers may sell better than some of the more sporty bikes or "urban assault" bikes.

Corey
post #8 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 03:32 PM

Had two different people tell me in the last week that their dealers couldn't sell the V. Question of location and what the sales folks want to sell. Heard a guy tell a sales guy he was getting back into Motorcycling after many years out and wanted a mid sized bike without being a crotch rocket or cruiser. Standing next to the V when he said this and the sales guy walked him all the way across the dealership to the SV 650's.
This in Alpharetta where we are close to winding roads.

Bill
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Versys
F650GSD
FLSTSCI
XR650L
Tri Scrambler
XR50
SRX600
Zuma 125
T100R
Aero 50
EZ90
PA50
States by MC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 04:51 PM

Well, I'm moving to Asheville, NC on Saturday and I was planning to buy one when I got there. As of today, no dealerships within 60 miles have any.

I think the high cost of gas is helping these sell now.

I may have to wait for an 09.

Don
post #10 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 05:00 PM

If I could not afford two bikes, I would not have the versys, I need a nice 2up tour type for awhile. Wife doesn't like to go long distances on the Versys, but it works great when she rides her Ninja, we both are red!

07 K1200GT

07 Tiger 1050 (on the way)
08 Versys (Sold)

08 Ninja 250r (wife's)
post #11 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 06:28 PM

Dealers are not able to keep them on tke floor in colorado.Must be them damm mountain roads
post #12 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 06:56 PM

I don't think the Versys is selling very well here in San Antonio. Bear on a Bicycle is the only other poster active on this site from the area, and I've not seen another one on the road. The hill country is swarming with cruziers on the weekends, but I've not gotten there on the V yet.
My dealer has another bike on the showroom floor, but I think the sales people tend to steer customers away from it to other bikes.
post #13 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

There are a few. There's another guy from SA posting on the twtex web site & advrider with a Versys. The dealership in UC sold at least one more after I bought mine from them. They told me they're selling them on a regular basis. I also know that Alamo Cycleplex has sold a few. They're here, maybe their owners are just shy...

post #14 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 12:38 AM

I have not been a bike in a few years and think this is the perfect bike to get back into it. I think Kawasaki needs to change how they are marketing this thing.
post #15 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 12:47 AM

I have yet to see a commercial on TV for them...
post #16 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
The dealership in UC sold at least one more after I bought mine from them. They told me they're selling them on a regular basis.
Bear, I got mine in UC on Tax Day 15 April, I might be the one who bought after you! I think this is a great bike for the coin and am really surprised that I haven't seen more out on the road.
post #17 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 07:30 PM

The dealer in Wake forest NC has sold 4 bikes so far....but I've yet to see another one on the road here in and around the Raleigh area. He says he's sold every one he's gotten so far....
post #18 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 08:05 PM

The dealer here in Lexington NC sold one today to me Thats the only one in this area I could find.
post #19 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 08:06 PM

I don't see many here in Vegas but I know when I bought mine, the dealer told me I got the 3rd of the 5 they were getting for '08. They may have ordered more in the time I bought mine, but that's what they told me at the time.
post #20 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 09:33 PM

Enemy, where did you get yours? I could only find two in town, both of them at Ride Now. Carter may be getting one later this week, but they are not sure. I called a few dealers in Kingman... nothing expected there until the 09's come out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode