What is with the lack of rain gear? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
What is with the lack of rain gear?

36" inseam, no one seems to carry rain pants that fit me. I've had to ride in the rain for the last 2 days. Once, on the way home from work, no biggie there, just changed when I got home. The other on the way to work, which is more of a pain because I have to bring spare, dry clothing. I'm about to get a cold weather riding jacket, which will double as a rain jacket, but finding rain pants that are worth a dang is proving to be a chore. Am I stuck with el cheapo pants that are too short and rip at the crotch when I mount my bike?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013, 11:55 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
These guys are out of texas and do custom sizes...http://store.teizms.com/commute-suit

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 01:03 AM
MTS

I got First Gear Pants! Really nice, but that was three years ago.

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by MTS; 09-30-2013 at 10:31 PM.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 12:43 PM

I have the Olympia Airglide Jacket and pants set, which comes with a rain liner, which works quite well I find. I have a 32' inseam, but the pants and liner both extend well below my ankles, where they close with velcro. There is also a zipper to attach jacket to pants at the back to prevent rain running down your back into you pants while riding.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 04:51 PM

Garage
I was in a similar situation, even most companies "tall" clothing doesn't fit. Standard inseam is 32 and tall is 34 ... since when is 34" a tall?

My solution was just order from AeroStich. I live close so it was easy but they can talk you though taking your measurements over the phone too.

I have a 36" inseam as well. My measurement started with a "tall" in the correct waist size and then they added a couple more inches, some above the knee and some below so that the knee area and pads still fit correctly. My jacket was the same, found the right chest size and then took measurements to get the right sleeve length.

I have a Darien jacket and the AD1 pants. I've put on several hundred rain miles this summer and always stayed dry.

It can get a little spendy, but it fits correctly, and is very well made so IMHO worth it. Plus, not having to carry separate rain gear is nice. My riding gear is my rain gear so no stopping to re-dress if looks like rain, no getting caught without it ... very handy. I see your profile says Texas, I've rode in the low 90's with it and with all the vents open it stayed as cool as could be expected, especially on an undressed bike like the Versys where you can suck a lot of air up an open sleeve cuff.

Mitch

Last edited by Slow-Steady; 09-30-2013 at 04:57 PM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 05:26 PM

I checked both Olympia and Tourmaster both list 35" as the longest inseam. You might want to see if you can find a dealer and try them on. I know as much as I use my rain gear, I wear pants and tour jacket for the most part, I'd wouldn't want to spend a bunch on a set of rain pants. I have a set I carry in hot weather that I have worn maybe three times in as many years. I do ride in rain but like I said mainly I wear the armored tour pants and jacket.

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys

Last edited by Time; 09-30-2013 at 05:30 PM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 07:18 PM

Frog toggs Walmart. Go!

Hooligan
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 09:20 PM

Fieldsheer Mercury armored textile pants are waterproof. I did 600+ miles one day in about 80% downpour, coming home from an Arkansas trip. Bone dry when I got home. They make them in tall sizes (I'm 6'4). Fit great. Have a removable quilted liner, and a couple of vents in the upper thighs.
http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...cle_pants.html

2012 Versys
2007 Honda VTX 1800C
Sold everything else
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 10:32 PM
MTS

Are you kidding me?

http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydire...Pants/class1/4

Over pants are the best!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Over pants were actually what I had in mind. Any sort of gear that doesn't require me having to find privacy to change once I get there.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 12:12 AM

My Olympia pants fit right over any pants, even with the liner, and zip right on and off in seconds. The only thing I might need to change is my boots to shoes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode