I'm loving this bike - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'm loving this bike

I have had the V for about 9 days now. I went for my second mountain ride yesterday. I stopped for gas on the way. I still had 1 segment on the fuel gage. It was not flashing, so I had not hit reserve yet. I had 212.6 miles on the trip meter and it took 4.07 gals to fill up. Thats 52.2 miles per gallon with a combination of 35% hwy and 65% pushing hard in the twisties. The more I ride it the more I love it! I'm guessing it will get a little better when I install the 16t front sprocket. I was worried that I would miss the in line 4s I have always ridden...all I can say is, I don't. I am waaaaaay faster and more smooth that I was on the big displacement bikes.

Graham

To do is to be. -Descartes
To be is to do. -Voltaire
Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

States I've ridden in so far

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 09:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Sounds like love!

I still miss my old bike sometimes. I had a 'moment' this week - I'm starting to get some fairing buzz on the left side of my Versys. I've since have gone through and put foam stripping in the contact points allong both fairings. It got me to thinking I never had a loose bolt or a buzz on my old F650Cs. I gave it up for good reasons - but I think about it from time to time. I hope it goes to a good home.

I do like the motor better on the Versys - it's more responsive, has a better sound and it's much smoother. I'm getting used to the bike and I'm loving it as well. It just going to take time to fully let go of the old bike and to love this one as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode