Tip over not so bad - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tip over not so bad

Had a low speed slide/ dump on the right side. On a V-strom(don't ask) it would has scratched up the fairing and broken the turnsignal off. ON the Vee it only scratched the bar end, the fork tip, and slightly bent the brake levers. Took 10 minutes and no parts to repair. I like this design. A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 08:08 AM

Glad to hear you are OK.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 09:47 AM

Yeah I took a low-speed spill on the left side and all-in-all its cost me < $400 - that's a brand new painted cowling, new bars, bar-end mirrors, grips and a generator cover. I think I will put engine guards and frame-sliders on it though and probably some bark-busters to protect the levers. I was surprised and relieved at how reasonably-priced the V parts are.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 03:37 PM

Recommendations on Frame Sliders & Engine Guards

Any one have recommendations on frame sliders and engine guards? The sliders I saw on Twisted Throttle are a bit pricey.

Joseph
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 05:51 PM

If you are looking for sliders specifically - I recommend LSL sliders. I prefer their construction over the ones TT sells, and they are cheaper. I got mine here: http://www.blueridgeperformance.net/
I had to call to get the ones for the Versys. They were great to deal with.
They worked very well for me - for the one slow-speed maneuvering tip-over I have had.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

I have the Powerbronze "crash posts with aerodynamic crash protectors". You can see them in this thread. Scroll down a bit on pg 1.

In hind sight, I wish I would've went with the engine guards. They're a little more expensive, but provide WAY more protection...

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 08:17 PM

Glad you are ok.

For bike fall protection, using Hepco and Becker (HB) engine guard and Zeta handlebar protectors.
For additional protection, seen HB engine guard used with slider, swingarm protectors (http://www.powerbronze.co.uk/shop/Pr...5&MC_ID=818272).
Fact is using HB hard side bags can also became a bike protector if you had a fall like me.

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 11:17 PM

Garage
I have now had the bike down three times. All of them were at zero speed. The first was on the left side after a very long day at work - put my foot down in a hole after dark and the bike just kept going to the left. The other two were after sudden stops when people pulled out in front of me. The bike fell to the right side (I am pretty sure I was surprised enough that I did not put out a foot to keep the bike up). The only real damage was the bent levers - I fixed the slightly bent shifter and rear brake pedal. I have yet to replace the levers, though I was actually thinking about it today. What is the cheapest place to buy replacement levers?

By the way, I have now purchased the Hepco-Becker engine guards and, of course, have not put the bike down any more.

I am always glad to hear that no one was hurt when the bike went down!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 10:52 AM

i hit some mud and went down on the left side, scratched the bar end and cowl plastic, i ordered a new plastic for $130 and am gunna order engine guards just not sure which one, hb, sw motech or happy-trails
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode