Garage stuff - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage stuff

Looking for make my garage more livable now that my two cars have to share it with my Versys. Anyone with some feedback about a garage dolly. Price ranges vary widely under $100 to over $500. Versys is not a large bike. Does the cheap ones actually work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 07:59 AM

Wow, I used to live in Parker many moons ago (Clarke Farms). These garage dollies are pretty basic pieces of equipment so as long as the casters work fine the rest is just a rigid beam. It's like most things though, you get what you pay for. It's a great idea if you're one of the one percent of people who actually put their car in the garage.

"life is not a dress rehearsal"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 09:31 AM

I'd like to hear some personal experience about the dollys myself. I'm lucky; I guess my garage is a little bigger than the norm. I currently have five motorcycles, my Miata, two sailboards, two 3 person PWCs on their trailer, my welder, 60 gallon compressor, tool cabinet and various shelves and other objects crammed in. My Dodge Ram 4X4 quad cab has to sit out under the carport. Please don't hate me. It would be nice to be able to move the bikes around without having to back the Miata out first.

My toys:
'09 Versys in Cool Lime ~ '06 Harley Roadking
'95 Suzuki DR350S ~ '94 Suzuki DR350S
'09 Kawi STX15F jet ski ~ '07 Kawi STX12F Jetski
'09 Yamaha Superjet ~ '13 Ram 4X4 3500 Cummins
'09 BMW 535i ~ '10 Kubota B3300SU

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

I think I am the 1% that actually uses the garage for it's intended use, garaging my vehicles. Also, I am not blessed with a six car garage like DennisD (or your garage have a mezzanine). Pushing the bike to a corner will be a good thing when not in use. That will take away one of my wife complaints about the motrocycle. I just want to be able to get the bike and the cars in the garage when it gets cold (Parker, CO went down to below -10 several nights in a row last winter) and not have to make a five point turn to get the bike pointing in the right direction when I get out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
dolly, garage, parking

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode