Top speed attempts with the Versys 650 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Martines
Top speed attempts with the Versys 650

Versys 650 ABS - 2013 - brown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 01:30 PM

Are you running stock gearing? 15 front 46 rear?

Anders B.
Sweden
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 05:38 PM

173kmh?.......about 108mph...Is that what I saw in the video?.....seemed to be pulling slow compared to mine....but maybe you are geared higher?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Last edited by SeattleSlammer; 09-07-2013 at 05:49 PM.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 05:46 PM

Garage
I know my '09, stock gearing, can show an indicated 202 km/hr.

Always trust your cape.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 05:58 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
212 Km/h (131.73 mph) indicated (~196 km/h or ~122 mph actual) at 9600 rpm in 6th with stock gearing, with windscreen at highest position, in a slight down slope, no wind (limp flags), at 1:52 in the video:

post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 06:00 PM

invader, looks like a blast!

post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 06:50 PM

Where did you get the carbon fiber gauge cover. It looks great.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSlammer View Post
invader, looks like a blast!

It's some guy in Greece or around there.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to Martines
made a few changes to the bike recently'm adapting myself with Nitrox for now because I used the 50% to 100% of the power it provides. Overall it gives 15% power on the bike, so the Versys with sesus 64CV would for the same thing .. ER6n I was just so scared violence ... the front of the versys easy climbs in first and second gear .. but for now arrived very very fast 196km / h .. When you dare I will do final testing but without filming .. This process has generated here in BRAZIL.

Versys 650 ABS - 2013 - brown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 05:08 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I've seen 115 on the GPS fully loaded in WY.

My Versys Travels:

post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I've seen 115 on the GPS fully loaded in WY.
104 for me (GPS) fully loaded.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 07:48 PM

The fastest I've gone is 120 mph with a top bag loaded. I'm not sure I can go much faster - I think my weight (200 lbs) drops my top end 8-10 mph.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 08:15 PM

This doesn't seem like the kind of bike to worry about top speed on. I'm pretty sure my other bike will go faster in 2nd gear than my versys will do in 6th.
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylander View Post
This doesn't seem like the kind of bike to worry about top speed on. I'm pretty sure my other bike will go faster in 2nd gear than my versys will do in 6th.
Agree best on the versys for me is 196 but my ninja 1000 is still in full thrust mode at that speed.
kiwisuckcock likes this.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 10:13 PM
MTS

About 110 scared the [email protected]# out of me!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 07:01 AM

I've seen a video of a Ninja 1000 doing 157 mph. The difference between 157 and around 120 doesn't seem like all that much, but I guess at those speeds 5 mph is quite a bit; sort of like decibel levels, the higher you go, the less you have to travel to notice a difference...holler if anybody understands that

The fastest I've been on my V was 104 mph (indicated), at least while I was looking at the speedo.
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 10:44 AM

Think I've taken my V up to 100ish. But it has a huge windscreen and top box on all the time.

My cbr600rr... 157 indicated with saddle bags and a camelbak on. Had my CBR1000RR set up as a naked street fighter, got it up to 164, while holding on for dear life!

Hooligan

Last edited by Freerydejunky; 12-10-2013 at 10:48 AM.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
I "changed-over" from a Suzuki Bandit 1200S PRECISELY because I did NOT want to have a high-top-speed temptation facing me every time I went for a ride.

When I bought it I'd promised to bring it back for its first check (a distance of about 150 miles each way) because of the great deal I'd got. With no radar detector I would use a speeding car as a "block", and sit back a bit, matching his speed, and watching for cops. I had just 'lost' my block so was at probably 80 mph (in a 70 zone), when I saw a 'blurred' image of a white car in my mirrors, coming up FAST in my 6. I geared down thinking COPS, slowing without using brakes, then a white Cadillac went shooting by. It took me a minute to realize that the Caddy was probably my BEST 'block', so I hammered the throttles and matched his speed, about a quarter mile behind, at 180 km/hr - around 112 mph!

He maintained that speed for about 45 miles till he was forced to slow in traffic at the outskirts of Edmonton, where I got close enough to see the TILDEN rent-a-car sticker on its trunk.

I have to say that that run was the HIGHEST-speed-over-a-distance that I have ever been privileged to be a party to!!!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I "changed-over" from a Suzuki Bandit 1200S PRECISELY because I did NOT want to have a high-top-speed temptation facing me every time I went for a ride.

When I bought it I'd promised to bring it back for its first check (a distance of about 150 miles each way) because of the great deal I'd got. With no radar detector I would use a speeding car as a "block", and sit back a bit, matching his speed, and watching for cops. I had just 'lost' my block so was at probably 80 mph (in a 70 zone), when I saw a 'blurred' image of a white car in my mirrors, coming up FAST in my 6. I geared down thinking COPS, slowing without using brakes, then a white Cadillac went shooting by. It took me a minute to realize that the Caddy was probably my BEST 'block', so I hammered the throttles and matched his speed, about a quarter mile behind, at 180 km/hr - around 112 mph!

He maintained that speed for about 45 miles till he was forced to slow in traffic at the outskirts of Edmonton, where I got close enough to see the TILDEN rent-a-car sticker on its trunk.

I have to say that that run was the HIGHEST-speed-over-a-distance that I have ever been privileged to be a party to!!!

Nice! I also used to own a Bandit 1200S and loved its highway capabilities. So fast and easy.

post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 07:16 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylander View Post
My versys is faster in 5th than it is in 6th. The drag is too much for the gearing in 6th.

My Versys Travels:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode