The potential for a 900 twin - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The potential for a 900 twin

I see a lot of talk on here about how a 800, or 900 twin would be an attractive alternative to the 1043cc power plant they're now putting in the Versys 1000. Makes sense. Not to disparage the 1K motor. Any sort of negative comments I've seen on the 1K motor were purely subjective. An even bigger big bang parallel twin is a compelling idea though. Think we could start a write in campaign to Kawasaki?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 02:43 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Kawasaki's not listening. Myself and others had sent e-mail after e-mail trying to get the V1000 here.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 02:46 PM

Garage
But if Kawi doesn't bring something with a little more motor I'll be going elsewhere. I'm drooling over this down in Texas. It's set up just the way i would do it..http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88531

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 07:03 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I would love to see a Versys like bike built on the new Yamaha FZ9 platform.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
But if Kawi doesn't bring something with a little more motor I'll be going elsewhere. I'm drooling over this down in Texas. It's set up just the way i would do it..http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88531
Nice looking bike, I had a look at the Tiger 800 xc a while ago, IMHO one of the coolest looking bikes out there, not sure about the quality of Triumph bikes though. I figure one cant go wrong with japanese
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neviander View Post
I see a lot of talk on here about how a 800, or 900 twin would be an attractive alternative to the 1043cc power plant they're now putting in the Versys 1000. Makes sense. Not to disparage the 1K motor. Any sort of negative comments I've seen on the 1K motor were purely subjective. An even bigger big bang parallel twin is a compelling idea though. Think we could start a write in campaign to Kawasaki?
Im pretty sure they wont be any 800/900 cc in the nearest time. Kawi is putting effort on making the V1K as popular as the 650.
The V1K isnt selling very well and the second hand/demo prices on them are ridicolous low now, that should be saying to Kawasaki management that somehing different is needed.

The Versys 650 is popular, but not so popular as the ER6 in my country, they sell 4 ER6 for every Versys. As a instep bike, as its marketed here, people tend to find it too tall.....Im not sure where Im going with this, maybe best to stay away from the computer while drinking beer
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

That's another thing. How would one go about getting ahold of a Versys 1000 in Texas? Or do I have to go to Canada and import the thing myself...I am from Michigan.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 09:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by neviander View Post
That's another thing. How would one go about getting ahold of a Versys 1000 in Texas? Or do I have to go to Canada and import the thing myself...I am from Michigan.
That or Mexico....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 09:12 PM

Garage
http://translate.google.com/translat...ari%26rls%3Den

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

14 grand for a V1K in Meh hee coh?! Holy crap! I can pick up a brand new Ninja 1000 for about 4 grand less here in the states.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 09:40 PM

I do love the looks of those Triumph 1050s....sat on a 2010 at a local dealership and it is indeed tempting if you want to blow a few more thousand!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 09:47 PM

It is interesting how we talk about how the 650 is enough engine 90% of the time....how the 1000 may not be worth the extra coin....then these threads pop up about how nice a 800/900 might be....ha ha. I know that if I did a lot of highway riding there's no way I'd be under 1000.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Last edited by SeattleSlammer; 09-07-2013 at 09:50 PM.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 02:52 AM

Garage
I do all highway riding and the 650 is perfect
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
800-900 cc? More vibration, more weight, more fuelly, more insurance. Would it be worth all that for the few occasions where more power is called for? Drop down a gear or two and the V gets me by rolling obstacles and I can still do the ton plus. At any higher speeds these semi-nekked bikes are not a lot of fun.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post
I do all highway riding and the 650 is perfect
Yeah, plus, throw a 43t rear sprocket on there and your V magically becomes an 750 anyway...not sure exactly how that happens....

Ride to live, live to ride.
2009 Kawasaki Versys
2010 Yamaha YZ 250F
2008 Honda CRF 450
2006 Honda CR 250R
I've owned a Maico.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMoto View Post
Yeah, plus, throw a 43t rear sprocket on there and your V magically becomes an 750 anyway...not sure exactly how that happens....
Mine has a 43 tooth on it, freaking love it. Highway cruising 75mph at low revs, right in the meat of the powerband. Makes passing easy, and no dropping of a gear required!

I want this motor

Husky Nuda 900R

In the Versys 650 body.

Pleaseeeeeee!?

And I want a Nuda for hooligan times!

Last edited by Freerydejunky; 09-08-2013 at 01:39 PM.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freerydejunky View Post
Mine has a 43 tooth on it, freaking love it. Highway cruising 75mph at low revs, right in the meat of the powerband. Makes passing easy, and no dropping of a gear required!

I want this motor

Husky Nuda 900R

In the Versys 650 body.

Pleaseeeeeee!?

And I want a Nuda for hooligan times!
Husqvarna is a Swedish brand, now owned by BMW. Its exactly the same enginge thats in the BMW F800 series.

:devil
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Husqvarna is a Swedish brand, now owned by BMW. Its exactly the same enginge thats in the BMW F800 series.
Check the specs on BMWs site. Not the same motor or output.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 02:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 02:37 PM

Yes. I ruv it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode