2013 or 2014 Versys? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2013 or 2014 Versys?

Well my wife is finally done with nursing school and we are back to two incomes. So now I get to treat myself to a new bike, I wisely chose the Versys.

Thing is, its September now and I live in Michigan (Detroit suburbs). So I'm not sure how long I'll be able to ride. Plus, I will be financing at least part of this bike so I'll have to have full coverage throughout the winter. I can tolerate these negatives financially, but the urge to ride is strong!!

How late in the year do you guys ride? Would it be wise to wait for 2014? Does Kawi even release the new models in (northern) spring time? And if you don't see snow all year, go to hell, since I know you'll rub it in anyway... bastards!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 05:33 PM

I'd wait to learn what upgrades, if any, come along with the 2014 model. If its only available color choices like its been since the 2010 models then I'd start shopping for a new leftover 2010-2013 Versys at a bargain basement wintertime price.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by genehil View Post
I'd wait to learn what upgrades, if any, come along with the 2014 model. If its only available color choices like its been since the 2010 models then I'd start shopping for a new leftover 2010-2013 Versys at a bargain basement wintertime price.
+1

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 08:28 PM
MTS

Quote:
+1

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 12:36 AM

Michigan is my home state, but I live in Texas now. With the right gear, I can ride all year round now, but when I was a kid, the climate up there MIGHT have allowed 4 months of riding. I hear it's warmer longer up there now. I wonder how long that will last. It was always funny to watch the guys that bought Camaros as their primary vehicle slip/slide around in the snow.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 12:51 AM

Garage
I ride all year, no snow here
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post
I ride all year, no snow here
+1

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
i'd wait to learn what upgrades, if any, come along with the 2014 model. If its only available color choices like its been since the 2010 models then i'd start shopping for a new leftover 2010-2013 versys at a bargain basement wintertime price.
+3 :d

May the road always curve in front of you.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neviander View Post
Michigan is my home state, but I live in Texas now. With the right gear, I can ride all year round now, but when I was a kid, the climate up there MIGHT have allowed 4 months of riding. I hear it's warmer longer up there now. I wonder how long that will last. It was always funny to watch the guys that bought Camaros as their primary vehicle slip/slide around in the snow.
Winters here have been much milder the last few years. You can easily ride April - October, wearing the right gear. Last year I don't think we even saw our first snow fall until almost December.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 11:39 AM

Buy old stock and ride it until the salt fly's.

"Always go forward. Going straight is no fun."

'08 Red
Givi shield
Famsa Tank bag and pannier set
Happy Trails Panniers
Zeta blinker handgaurds
SeatPad Mod w/ Alaska leather cover
Heated grip wraps
Fiammi Hi & low tone horns

2008 V
1985 BMW R80
1989 Honda XR600R (650)
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenT View Post
...How late in the year do you guys ride?...And if you don't see snow all year, go to hell, since I know you'll rub it in anyway... bastards!
Come ON...! I NEVER ride on Christmas Day.... My wife and I START the morning w/ eggs benedict AND champagne, so it's "shanks-mares" for all day.

BUT I DO ride on the 26th....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 01:24 PM

Houston, Texas reporting in. Snow . . . I think I saw that in a movie once! Which translates in to "you can (generally) ride during winter months here." However, summer can be brutal! For me, my summer rides usually begin at day break and have me pulling back in to the driveway around 11 am. Otherwise, it's just too hot. I'm talking "it can hurt ya" hot! And to me . . . that ain't fun!

Regarding when to buy. What the heck . . . be on the look out NOW for that "super-extra-great deal." If it comes along, pull the trigger. If not . . . you'll have the newer model to consider!

And, congrats to the wife!!!!
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 02:03 PM

Living in CT, the weather is all over the place. Just watch the news, and you will see what I mean, but since I have had my '08, I have ridden until late November. Last year I think I actually went out on Thanksgiving day with my son on his restored CX500 Custom.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013, 10:20 AM

this should help..
not that we need any more yankee types down here. but if you get a versys we could let you slip in without to much fuss.. ride all year .. down here it aint the snow that's dangerous. its the people that have move down here to get away from it..
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013, 11:11 AM

Garage
+1 on finding a new leftover model. I got an '09 in Sept of 2010. I was able to ride for 2 months and over 1000kms for the break-in before I had to store the bike for Winter. The one year old left-over was brand new but was discounted by $2400 to make room for new models.

Always trust your cape.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Versys with ABS! same as non-abs $7999 at their website.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 04:30 PM

Standard ABS for 2014 Versys confirmed.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 06:48 PM

ABS.
That might tip it. Nursing degree you said?
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenT View Post
How late in the year do you guys ride? Would it be wise to wait for 2014? Does Kawi even release the new models in (northern) spring time? And if you don't see snow all year, go to hell, since I know you'll rub it in anyway... bastards!
Year round here. And I live in Canada!
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 07:10 AM

Here in DFW area they always offer some great deals on previous year models. Check Grapevine Kawasaki and talk to Brandon.

2010 Versys - 2007 Honda Goldwing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode