Valve Adjustment - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Valve Adjustment

I have almost 16,000 miles on my V and to me it sounds like the valves are making enough noise to be adjusted. So, I took it to the shop Saturday to have the valves adjusted and the carbs synched. I got the bike back yesterday and the shop said the valves were in clearance and didn't need to be adjusted. Total cost was $135 at $62.50 an hour for labor. I took all the fairings and stuff off before I took it to the shop or it would have been more. I guess I'll take it back again when I hit 25,000 miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 09:15 AM

Good new James! I still don't get the wide variance of valve clearance inspection mileage for different years & area's of the world. There's one combo that states every 24,000 miles (not my 08 US spec model, go figure.) Oh well, yours is good news none the less.

Maybe these little gem engines will turn out to be like the Yamaha FJR1300 motor, bullet proof & monetarily forgiving...

Ride safe,
Jim
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimstandinghorse View Post
...So, I took it to the shop Saturday to have the valves adjusted and the carbs synched....
Did you get the model that is not fuel injected? I guess you meant to say throttle bodies synched. Sorry, couldn't resist. That's good news that at 16K it's not ready for a valve adjustment, though that was somewhat expensive to find out.

-Never mistake kindness for weakness.
-Harley Davidson rEvolution engine (V-Rod): Designed by Porsche, detuned by Harley.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode