Scorpion EXO-900 Transformer Helmet - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2013, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Scorpion EXO-900 Transformer Helmet

I'm looking for a new helmet and from my research, it seems like the Scorpion EXO-900 Transformer Helmet is a good one. I was also thinking about the Nolan N104, but it's a bit more pricey. Anyway, when I tried the Scorpion EXO-900, the top of the face shield started to fog up a little. Mind you I was not riding, but trying it on in the store for a few minutes. It fits me really good, but I was wondering if the fogging issue is typical on any/all helmet when not in motion on a bike?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2013, 04:58 PM

hmm

Hey there....I have a scorpion EXO 1100...which doesn't fog when closed. As far as I knew, Scorpion has one of the best anti-fog screens around....
Does the 900 not have anti-fog?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2013, 05:00 PM
MTS

I have a Sorpion EXO 400?? I paid like $170 Three years ago! Excellent helmet for the money! Still love it perfect fit!

I would not worry about fogging up! IMO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2013, 05:26 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I had a Scorpion EXO-900 liked it but switched over to a Nolan N90 its a much better helmet not as bulky,lighter and quieter than the Scorpion. There coming out with a New Nolan N91 to take the N90 place so i've seen the N90 for $199.00

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2013, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

The one I've tried on says it has "EverClear no-fog shield system", that's why I was a little surprised that it fogged. As soon as I cracked it open a little, it cleared up. These helmets are in the range of $270.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2013, 05:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by volpolrider View Post
The one I've tried on says it has "EverClear no-fog shield system", that's why I was a little surprised that it fogged. As soon as I cracked it open a little, it cleared up. These helmets are in the range of $270.

Don't waste your money...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2013, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

I'll keep looking and check out the Nolan N90/91. Thank you!!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2013, 07:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by volpolrider View Post
I'll keep looking and check out the Nolan N90/91. Thank you!!

Make sure you don't get the "S" model its alittle cheaper but it doesn't come with the pinlock shield insert. If your head fits the Scorpion it'll fit the Nolan the Scorpion is actually tighter.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2013, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

Thanks weljo2001, I'll try to keep that in mind.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2013, 10:23 AM

Keep in mind your riding conditions if you're concerned about visor fogging. Here in the Pacific 'Northwet', we get a lot of rain in the winter and this can lead to significant fogging problems, especially as the temperature drops. I've tried numerous anti-fogging measures over the years and really the only one that works well in extreme conditions are the pin-lock visors. You can purchase as an add-on or with the pricier helmets (Schuberth, BMW, Shoei Neotec, etc.) it is included.

If you don't anticipate a lot of cold or wet weather riding, then cracking the visor is the most common approach to dissipating the fogging. When trying on the helmets ask the sales rep for advice as they will know the climate you're riding in and what anti-fogging measures you may need (or not).
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2013, 11:00 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Martines
I have Exo 1000 .
Here in Brazil I paid R$ 900.00, + - U$ 400.00.
I'm really enjoying the helmet visors have two ... The chrome left for R$ 200.00 + - U$ 88.00.

Versys 650 ABS - 2013 - brown

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martines View Post
I have Exo 1000 .
Here in Brazil I paid R$ 900.00, + - U$ 400.00.
I'm really enjoying the helmet visors have two ... The chrome left for R$ 200.00 + - U$ 88.00.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QRLoTBtOVM

That background music is a hoot!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 01:48 PM

Garage
Found This.....http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88184

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 10:50 PM

I have a EXO 900 and have found that it has some pluses and minuses. On the plus side, it's a modular so it can be worn as a flip up full face or an open face helmet (complete with a sun visor) (which is what I was really after), has the handy dandy flip down sun shield and has decent venting. On the minus side. It fogs up pretty bad and water runs down the inside of the shield in the rain, which is VERY annoying.
Overall, I like the helmet, but it is really my second helmet, my GO TO helmet is a HJC RPS-10. If I know I'm gonna be riding where I don't need to switch from tinted to clear shields, or if I think it might rain on me (Here in Oregon, yeah right!) I wear the HJC. If I suspect some night riding, some sunshine or I might want some open face action, I'll wear the EXO 900.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode