***new farkles and my thoughts - LV slip-on, sliders, TidyTail, Michelin PR3s - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
***new farkles and my thoughts - LV slip-on, sliders, TidyTail, Michelin PR3s

Added a few things to my V that I've read mostly good things about here. Bike came with the rear hugger, barkbusters, Givi tall screen and HID front lightbulb...all of which I like a lot. It also came with red pin striped/taped wheels that I spent a lot of time and elbow grease removing (detailed in another thread) to get her back to the full black/black look which I like best.

Leo Vince slip-on: niiiiice sound, mature and mellow but with some more guts to it...and I've noticed a boost in 1st and 2nd from low revs. Plus IMO it really does look aces on the bike. Too expensive perhaps but life is short!

T-Rex frame sliders: I hope to never use them (doh!). Read good things about them, too, though it WAS on the T-Rex site (ha, ha).

Evotech fender eliminator: Kit is pretty cool IMO because it uses the stock turn signals AND the stock license plate light...in addition to using the stock fender holes under the tail so no drilling is required. I confess that my inner hooligan loves the look of no-fender crotch rockets.....so yes, now I've got the fender kit AND the barkbusters, which taken together may seem like somewhat of a contradiction......but who cares?!

I also bought a pair of Michelin PR3s and replaced the stockers. I do notice that it seems a tad lighter overall in its handling while also more assured both in corners and at mid speeds. So far so good!

I think that I'm pretty much done now...except maybe (maybe) for some new brake lines at some point and one of those get-the-F-out-of-my-way horns. Thanks for taking a look!...half the fun is sharing this stuff with people who care! Cheers.

Last edited by SeattleSlammer; 08-18-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 08:47 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Looks Good. Thats the PowerBronze Hugger my favorite.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 09:09 PM

That's a nice exhaust but it sits a tad lower to the ground. How's the hot air affecting the tire ?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 09:25 PM

Looks great. Assuming you are in Seattle, you might consider adding heated grips. There are more than a few days that I wished I had those, and I live in SoCal!

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock19 View Post
That's a nice exhaust but it sits a tad lower to the ground. How's the hot air affecting the tire ?

I don't think it's any lower than the stock. There's a actually a bit more space between its end and the rear tire than the stock setup..the exhaust stream is vented mostly to the side flowing ahead of and past the tire edge, so no worries there.

.....ok I just photo compared a number of stock pics and LV slip-on pics.....you're right it may sit a smidge lower at its bottom corner....though it's smaller in dimension (and quite a bit lighter) overall....there are actually at least a 1/2 dozen threads about it here if you search (one of the reasons I picked it were the enthusiastic endorsements here)....and I will happily add to that bandwagon now from first hand experience.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Last edited by SeattleSlammer; 08-14-2013 at 10:45 PM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

I don't know about heated grips...but ya never know!

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Wow, so I was on the highway today for the first time with the new PR3s....I gotta say that overall the bike felt more planted than with the stockers. Cool beans!

Last edited by SeattleSlammer; 08-17-2013 at 08:00 PM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 08:27 PM

Bike looks great!

I installed a set of PR3's for the first time before my recent trip, had 2's prior and loved them.

I rode almost 1,000 miles in the rain (got caught in the mid-west flooding last week) and I'm VERY impressed with the 3's. I'm sticking with them until they're discontinued.

Dan
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Dan.
More riding today on these new tires and they are very confidence inspiring!
And that LV exhaust note sounds sweet snarling at about 8k.

Last edited by SeattleSlammer; 08-18-2013 at 05:52 PM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 06:48 PM
rlj

Where did you pick up the Leo Vince? Price paid? Been thinking about one myself.....

13 Yamaha FJR 1300
09 Kawasaki KLX 250S
05 HD Sportster Roadster 1200
02 Malaguti F12 Phantom 49cc Italian Scooter
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlj View Post
Where did you pick up the Leo Vince? Price paid? Been thinking about one myself.....

Got it at Revzilla. $430 included very fast shipping ... like I wrote above, too expensive (perhaps) but life is short! It's no lie that it adds a lot of character to the exhaust note along with some modest performance gains. They also offer the oval Leo Vince exhaust for around $280 which I've also heard very good things about.

Last edited by SeattleSlammer; 08-18-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode