I hate people.... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I hate people....

Had some running around to do so I took the Versys. My first stop was to pick up a scrip at the drugstore. Came out to find my bike on it's side. No one around and I'd parked it where a car could NOT hit it without ramming a metal post. All I can think is kids or a Asshat. It was on the right side so the kickstand didn't sink in and there are no mark on the left side. The saddle bag took the worse of it along with the bar end and bit of a scrape at the bottom of the fork.

I stopped and order the parts to fix it. $104.00, they felt sorry for me, as I have a bar end and the lower part of the saddle bag from the last time I got tagged. All I need to buy was the painted panel and I'll touch up the fork lower.

NOW what do I need to do it keep this from happening again...start packing my Hi-Power? Buy a M1 tank? or never go anywhere on my bike? Some people are a waste of air.

OH well I guess I'm lucky it wasn't UNDER someones car when I got out there.

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 05:18 PM

Sorry to hear about the damage. Are you sure you sure the kickstand was locked in it's forward position when you walked way. If the bike was on a slight downward slope it can roll fore ward and fold the kickstand.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 05:19 PM

That ain't right man!

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 05:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by versys_rider View Post
Sorry to hear about the damage. Are you sure you sure the kickstand was locked in it's forward position when you walked way. If the bike was on a slight downward slope it can roll fore ward and fold the kickstand.
if it had fallen off of the kickstand, it would have been lying on the left side. He said the bike was lying on the right side. So that means a kickstand did not cause this.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Having had a Buell I learned to ALWAY check that the Jiffy Stand was locked forward or it'll fall off in a second. It was on the right side NOT left side.

The fork is taken care of already and the bar end is swapped out for a take off from my KLR. I just need the part for the bag to show up and it'll all be a bad memory.

Times change I was taught respect people and their property I'd never do a thing like this and I doubt anyone on this board would either. But these days it's looked at as a joke and who cares if someone as to cough a bill of so to fix YOUR fun?

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys

Last edited by Time; 08-10-2013 at 05:32 PM.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 06:08 PM

One favorite cynical observation is "If it wasn't for people, the World would be a better place." Obviously mostly joking, but there's an element of Truth.

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 06:21 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Thats sucks... I have an alarm that starts to chirp if someone gets too close. Then if they don't move the alarm goes off once the alarm goes off the key fob starts to vibrate in my front pocket. So hopefully i get there in time to put my foot up someones ass.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 08:04 PM

I was in a pub's beer garden with my bike parked where I could see it through a fence. Looked over and saw people SITING on it taking photos, who does that! Ended up confronting them and telling them to f### off and not to touch people's bikes.

----------------------------------------
Victoria, Australia
Versys 650 (KLE-650) 2012
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 08:15 PM

Damn. Sorry to hear this.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 08:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorNurse View Post
I was in a pub's beer garden with my bike parked where I could see it through a fence. Looked over and saw people SITING on it taking photos, who does that! Ended up confronting them and telling them to f### off and not to touch people's bikes.

I was taught if it doesn't belong to you "Don't Touch It" But people these days seem to do what ever they want and it okay and they are shocked when someone confronts them.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 08:30 PM

Frig dude..........it's a sickening feeling, isn't it? Sorry to hear.
Bigo
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 08:47 PM

Well look at the bright side...you did get some drugs...hopefully some good ones.

...glad you already got it mostly sorted...good thing it's a Sat and not a Sun

Last edited by SeattleSlammer; 08-10-2013 at 08:53 PM.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 09:25 PM

Same thing happened to me. An "old" bloke was backing his car out of the angle park along side my bike. He never or couldn't turn his head to see where he was going and his bumper caught my front wheel. He pushed the bike over onto the right side and drove off. No one got his number. My right foot peg was broken, the peg mounting lugs of the plate were broken, the r/h swing arm bobbin bent, causing a slight crack where the bobbin boss welds onto the arm and also bent the brake pedal. I had to ride 50 kms home with my right leg over the rear footpeg. Cost me nearly 300.00 nzd in parts. I welded the lugs back onto the bracket, while the new bracket was coming in from Japan. Haven't fitted the new bracket or welded the swingarm yet. Pain in the butt.

Last edited by kiwitourer; 08-10-2013 at 09:28 PM.
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 09:32 PM

Does the drugstore have security cameras?
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 10:13 PM

I'm guessing kid, or drunk/druggie. Sane, sober, NON teenager people don't do those things. Also, there is a spot I can park my bike in the shade from the Texas sun when I'm at work, but it stays square in the sun, in plain view, from huge glass windows when I'm working

Last edited by neviander; 08-11-2013 at 02:41 AM.
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKER View Post
Does the drugstore have security cameras?
Short of a major felony, I can't really see the drugstore wasting their time to show the video. At best you're gonna get a video image of the person(s) that did it, then what?
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 11:04 PM
MTS

This is very disappointing!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 11:12 PM

I hate people too...crap like this situation (and malls) make me that way.
Oh yeah, add amusement parks to that list...

Bummer about the bike...video?
Seems everything is "captured" these days....

Ride to live, live to ride.
2009 Kawasaki Versys
2010 Yamaha YZ 250F
2008 Honda CRF 450
2006 Honda CR 250R
I've owned a Maico.
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 11:34 PM

If it was a windy day it may have blown over. I realize someone screwing with it is more likely tho.

I've watched a bike of mine blow off the side stand a couple of times (and land back on it with a bang) at a refuelling stop. Read of bikes blowing over. Haven't actually seen it happen.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 12:26 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear man...I keep my bike within my sight always when I am out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode