Need a front rim for my 2011!! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Need a front rim for my 2011!!

Just heard back from my shop about my rolling resistance up front. Bent rim. Does anyone have one for sale? Checking ebay etc too, but seemed worth a shot here. Thanks!

edit: It's the same as the Ninja 650, ya?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by goat12; 08-07-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 03:29 PM

Garage
Yes, same as Ninja 650, and same for all model years of the Versys, though there are 2 colours. I found (actually weljo found for me) a new one on ebay, bearings included for a great price 2 years ago, so keep looking.

Always trust your cape.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! Only one I've found so far is http://www.ebay.com/itm/09-11-KAWASA...=mtr#vi-ilComp

How is $180? Seems ok since bikebandit lists them new at $450+, no?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Done and done. Thanks for the reply!

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Suggest you take the bent rim to a mag wheel repair shop and see if they can fix it. That way you'll have a 'spare'....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat12 View Post
Done and done. Thanks for the reply!

Just confirm... have you received your Ninja front rim and did it bolt directly on to your Versys?
The reason I ask: I might be looking for a rim one of these days, and as I shop around I want to be positive that the Ninja rim is, in fact, a direct replacement. The different forks on the bikes is what is throwing me....
(I am assuming the Er6N rim is too..?)

Ride to live, live to ride.
2009 Kawasaki Versys
2010 Yamaha YZ 250F
2008 Honda CRF 450
2006 Honda CR 250R
I've owned a Maico.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMoto View Post

Just confirm... have you received your Ninja front rim and did it bolt directly on to your Versys?
The reason I ask: I might be looking for a rim one of these days, and as I shop around I want to be positive that the Ninja rim is, in fact, a direct replacement. The different forks on the bikes is what is throwing me....

Go to something like "BikeBandit" and check the parts numbers against each other....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMoto View Post

Haven't gotten it installed yet- Looks like I will Saturday. I'll report back.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

I got the rim installed. It's perfectly round and came with like-new bearings. I feel like I did ok on the price afterall. The ninja rim is indeed identical to the Versys as stated elsewhere on the site. So here's a question- Would running a higher pressure in the front help prevent such pothole dents in the future? Riding in NYC means that even the most adept riders will hit a pothole somewhat regularly, and every now and then a bad one. The dent was a fair bit longer than I'd expected once I saw it with no tire. I'll try to post a pic if I can figure out a demonstrable angle. I'll certainly take the old one to a wheel shop and see if it's possible to fix to keep as a spare. Worth a shot, anyway.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

When I picked up my new '08 from the dealer, I asked their mechanic what pressure he recommended. He said 36F and 42R, so that's what I have run on it, my '09 when I got it, as well as the '04 KLR I had back then.

That pressure is on 'knobbies', street tires, Metzler Tourance tires (I believe that jdrocks runs the same pressures, and he has said he NEVER "airs-down" for dirt) and I've never aired-down too, with quite a few miles of dirt on ALL THREE bikes, so - AT LEAST ONE pothole () has gone past or UNDER each front tire...!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode