Can't see the forest for the trees - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Can't see the forest for the trees

I just got a Hi-Vis jacket and this weekend I put reflective rim tape on the Veresys AND helmet. Going to try and stay alive. I'm not betting my life they will save it BUT they can't hurt.

A friends son got hit a few months back, he's OK and the bike out of the shop and looks good. Slow speed to say the least. At night, a H-D in black with the "Raw Bones" finish, a dark gray no chrome. Black jacket, chaps and helmet, he's NOT a total nut case even if he did pull the reflectors off the bike to make it look cooler. So hard to see and he just got nerfed off the road. The person stopped and was both very sorry and worried, they called 911 and looked after him until help got there. Like I said he wasn't hurt badly mainly dazed.

Anyway I'd given him heck about his choice of gear and lack of lighting. THEN started looking at myself. Black Versys, Black Shoie Helmet, Black pants....see where I'm going here? Throw no stones

So H-Vis. Scotchlite on both the bike and gear. I plan to add lights to the bags and a set of running light when I can.

Sometimes we just can't see those trees.

Ride safe Guys and Girls.

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 02:01 AM

Glad u wisened up!

Current : Maroon 2011.
- Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS brake lines - Osram Hyper 65W both low/high beam - LED 30w aux floodlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low - PIAA Platinum low
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 09:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
My stuff was never all black, I have a blue Aerostich with reflective stuff on it, and also got a reflective stripe on my black/red Vanson leather jacket, but when I recently purchased some new gear, I got hi-viz yellow. Both jacket and helmet. And I didn't remove the reflectors from my V, something I did on all my other bikes. Guess I'm wisening up, LOL.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 09:18 AM
MTS

Glad to hear, safety first!

All black here with reflective stripes and strips, but all hi-viz from now on.

Its the trend and it just shows we want to have fun and stay alive, way above looking cool!

So here's to you time!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode