Crowd The Line Get Your Mirror Tagged - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Crowd The Line Get Your Mirror Tagged

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 10:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ouch...

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 11:18 PM

Weljo--- have u ever been asked if you might have anger issues? ��

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by King.Versys View Post
Weljo--- have u ever been asked if you might have anger issues? ��

Me????? Naw I'm just a big ole teddy bear.

If you rode out here with these morons you'd get hot under the collar. Its illegal in california for someone to cut off or block a motorcycle thats filtering traffic. If something irritates me i get it out right then and there. I use to hold things in and the just explode. But now that i'm older i much more calm than i use to be.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 11:26 PM

oh man---

my boys are hanging low, BUT I sure DO NOT have the cajones to split!
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 11:28 PM

Weed and liquor work well as a calming agent after dealing with the morons I encounter.
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by King.Versys View Post
Weed and liquor work well as a calming agent after dealing with the morons I encounter.

Good point. Haven't smoked weed since 1994 or had a drink since 2009.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 12:12 AM
Banned

Actually

"Intentionally blocking or impeding a motorcyclist in a way that could cause harm to the rider is illegal"

(CVC 22400).

Nothing says that automobile driver has to move to provide a motorcyclist a clear path
and it doesn't look like that truck moved into your path.

trimmed vdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Me????? ... Its illegal in California for someone to cut off or block a motorcycle that's filtering traffic. ..

Last edited by Seeya; 07-19-2013 at 11:54 AM.
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 01:11 AM

Check this rig out Weljo... http://news.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf...motorcycle.htm

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 01:37 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
Actually

"Intentionally blocking or impeding a motorcyclist in a way that could cause harm to the rider is illegal"

(CVC 22400).

Nothing says that automobile driver has to move to provide a motorcyclist a clear path
and it doesn't look like that truck moved into your path.

trimmed vdo

Never said he did. But maybe now on he won't hug the line.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 04:34 AM

The way I see it, if he wants to play silly buggers and take risks, he has no right to complain or blame anyone but himself. I sure as hell don't take risks anymore.
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 07:21 AM
MTS

Quote:
Good point. Haven't smoked weed since 1994 or had a drink since 2009.
Congrats! I hung it all up in 1987. Life just keeps getting better!

LOL... Now I'm a guy you hope to run into and armed to the teeth.

As far as the lane splitting! Holly [email protected]#! I've never done that!

That scares the [email protected]# out of me!

Frickin be careful Weljo damn!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 11:28 AM

I'm not a lane splitter either, although there's been a few times when I've not been able to avoid the freeway and been in stop-and-go traffic where I wished that I had gained the skills to lane split...rather than risk being rear-ended. I've seen some lane split videos, but taking that first leap and jumping in is pretty scary. Around here, there's other motos also lane splitting, so if you jump into the split you better be moving along and not impeding them!

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
An everyday thing out here.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 01:06 PM

looks like leaving the scene of an accident..
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 04:46 PM

It didn't look like he was intentionally hugging the line. More like marginally off of center. How would he know you were coming up? Traffic was stop and go, therefore the chance of him looking in his side mirror were pretty remote. I wouldn't have been..... You were in control of that situation, not him. Hitting his mirror was way out of line and you were completely at fault. Someone above mentioned leaving the scene of an accident; that's exactly what transpired.

Jin
post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecopter View Post
It didn't look like he was intentionally hugging the line. More like marginally off of center. How would he know you were coming up? Traffic was stop and go, therefore the chance of him looking in his side mirror were pretty remote. I wouldn't have been.....

Jin

Spoken like a true Dumbass.... Bikes are always lane splitting here (Its Legal) You should always be aware of how your car is positioned. So your another douche bags that doesn't use his mirrors either.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 05:29 PM

Not a video I would be posting. Right or wrong the truck was stopped and hit by a moving vehicle. Sure looks like legally the truck didn't do anythign wrong.
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 05:34 PM
Banned

Name calling huh?

Motorcyclists who make mistakes end up on the pavement with broken bikes and broken bodies.

Quote:
Spoken like a true Dumbass.... Bikes are always lane splitting here (Its Legal) You should always be aware of how your car is positioned. So your another douche bags that doesn't use his mirrors either.
"I make mistakes and got the video to prove it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenr74 View Post
Not a video I would be posting. Right or wrong the truck was stopped and hit by a moving vehicle. Sure looks like legally the truck didn't do anythign wrong.

Last edited by Seeya; 07-19-2013 at 06:08 PM.
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 05:36 PM

Rewatch your video. The BMW that you were pissed at needed to change lanes on "your road" you feel you own. That manuever blocked the trucks view as it was. Now look at the large sidewalk on the right side of the road. Compare that with the size of the truck and its position realitive to the line and you'll notice that he was no where near encroaching on "your road". He was almost centered.....and directly behind and in the same positon as the vehicle directly in front of him.

Poll the members on this site and I bet you'll be referring to a lot of us as douche bags. To bad the clarity wasn't a little better. I tried slowing the video down to capture the truck's license plate number. I'm sure the owner would appreciate being informed of this footage.

Regardless of legality, you could have avoided this. In any state's written road rules, it specificlly states one must drive defensively. Just because the light turms green and you have the right of way, doesn't mean you can plow into the car remaining in the intersection. Or maybe on "your roads" you can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode