post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
****Sargent seats on sale until the 22nd***

Sargent seats on sale until the 22nd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 04:13 PM

Yes, 10% off with free shipping. That is if they have any for the V. Their system shows that they do have (1) low seat in stock and unavailable for the normal height. Which means at the factory.

Put my order in on July 1 when they had one in stock. Was notified on the 2nd that it was backordered to the 12th, then backordered to the 17th. Wait a minute, that was yesterday and I have not been notified of it being shipped yet.

Is it time for three strikes and you are out. Go with a seat concept for 1/2 the price???

Good Question
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 07:30 PM

I'm selling a Baldwin tall saddle (you can find it in the flea market). Just sayin' ...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 08:41 PM

Thank you for the offer of the Tall Baldwin seat. It is something that I have considered, especially since I am in Canada like you.

However, I am reluctant to get a "Tall" seat. I am 6' 2" and ordered the largest, tallest windshield that I could find for the Versys, the tall Parabellum. It is just tall enough on the highest setting. The buffeting is gone, and the wind is hitting my open face helmet between the visor and the top of the helmet. Sitting on a taller seat could put my eyes into the wind blast and and get my head into the buffeting. I do not want to take that chance.

Update on my order. I received another email this evening from Solomoto, who has the seats on sale and seems to be the sales arm of Sargent (seeing how I cannot seem to get onto the Sargent site) saying that my order has been delayed for another week to the 24th of July.

I replied "Three strikes, you are out, cancel the order" They did so and refunded my money (I hope, will check tomorrow).

Have ordered a regular height seat from Seat Concepts, and picked up some tire changing tools while I had the free shipping.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

Had a Sargent on my Wee Strom and liked it well enough.
I was debating other options but the sale tipped the scale. I was told at least a 3 week wait. I like the lightweight pan on the Sargent.
I considered Spencer but with shipping I was looking at $200 and my seat is a 2009.
Baldwin was tempting but cost again swayed me. I think I will like the Sargent and I can keep my stock seat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode