Info on the Versys airflow needed! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Info on the Versys Windscreen needed!

Hoping for some info?...I am looking into buying the versys and I previously had a vstrom and it was the worst bike I ever owned.Now that was mostly due to the brutal wind turbulence and buffeting that thing made with the poor fairing/shield. Nothing I tried or bought really worked to help it except just removing the shield, which worked the best, but even uglier.Totally ruined the riding as I had other bikes that didnt do this, and to put up with it , no way! gone..
Looking into the v as a 2 -up inexpensive, cheap to run roadtripper and like what i see so far!

What i would like to know is how does this one work stock?
AS in..do you get clean air flow with the stock shield? Just to clarify what i mean...clean air is not the same as buffeting and turbulence..clean air is what i get on my sportbikes. same as a naked with no shield..just smooth wind..I like the wind, neck up is ok,just clean and smooth. I like to be able to keep my glass's on and visor open when i ride speed limit. wind is fine.. I can on my other bikes. Cruisers and vstroms, no, so dont want anything that does that to me..
Of course the dealers all claim it is clean air, not like the stroms, (yes i had one..nightmare)but what else would they say?
I am not looking to get outa the wind, I dont want to have to put a acre of plastic on it, no thanks..I am just hoping it works good as is...

Reason Im asking is nearest dealer with a demo is 3 hrs away...Local guys have em in the crate, The rest of the bike I know what to expect..Kinda a smaller prettier vstrom thing..

So appreciate any info on the stock shield airflow is appreciated!

Thanks!!

Moose

Last edited by Moosepoo; 05-26-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 12:37 AM

versys......

This is my 7th bike and i have owned everything from klr to meanstreak. This bike is the most enjoyable that i have rode in stock form.I am 6ft and i ride with my sheild up at 55 no problem......
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 03:18 AM

its pretty decent, i went ahead and got the vario screen though

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 01:33 PM

I rate it excellent after adding the GIVI windscreen.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 12:59 AM

I'm new to motorcycling, so I probably don't know the difference, but I'm 6'0 and get a little too much wind buffeting over 45mph for my taste. I ordered the Givi after reading what everyone has to say on this forum, so we'll see how that works for me.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 10:40 AM

The Versys being my second bike - I have to say the airflow is pretty good for stock configuration. The adjustable windshield will help you set it to your taste - you'll probably like it in the lowest setting. I've moved it up to the second highest setting and I like it that way. I don't mind wind - I just don't like buffeting or howling.

My old bike (BMW F650Cs) was terrible in stock form. The buffeting was so loud to cause serious ear pain. I was considering a different windshield but others said it wasn't much better. Then some guy on the Chain Gang Forum came up with these windshield adjusters - much better and only cost $20.00. Sometimes the simpliest things are the best solution.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 11:19 AM

I found the wind screen to be okay. It was not my bike it needed to be moved up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode