Specific Soft Saddlebag questions - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Specific Soft Saddlebag questions

Hello all. I am looking for soft saddlebags that can be monted under a 2012's seat for riding 2 up. Don't need anything huge, just enough room for an occasional overnighter with my wife and daily commute. I would like to not have to use a frame of any kind as well. I bought the Mototrek Motocentric Sport Saddlebags to match the tail bag (which is great) but I have not been able to mount them under the seat. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 01:09 PM

I have the same problem. But I can leave the straps over the back seat as I do not normally have a passenger.

My problem is that the straps cross the seat just where the two catch points of the seats are. This is caused by the positioning of the saddlebags going against the signal lights and the rest of the bags going forward to hit the seat catch.

I will look at relocating the signal lights back a few inches to give room for the saddlebag to move to the rear and the straps to cross under the seat in an area that does not cause a problem.

Good luck with your plan to use these bags to overnight riding two up. I would not try it. Unless you are honeymooners and do not need much to wear.

Larry
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I had mine strapped under the seat you have to work at it to get the seat to latch around the straps. I used a heavy duty zip tie to pull the handles of the bags together to get rid of the sag i had photos posted but i just cleaned out my photo files recently.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 02:01 PM

I wish there was a way to get rid of that sag myself. I like the quality of the Nelson Rigg bags I have, but I hate the way they sit on the bike. I have actually been thinking of machining a pair of supports that I will mount on the reflector stems. Sort of an off center "T" with a hole in it. I think it will work, I just haven't felt like doing it yet.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 02:04 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by massconn72 View Post
I wish there was a way to get rid of that sag myself. I like the quality of the Nelson Rigg bags I have, but I hate the way they sit on the bike. I have actually been thinking of machining a pair of supports that I will mount on the reflector stems. Sort of an off center "T" with a hole in it. I think it will work, I just haven't felt like doing it yet.

The zip ties work. I got the white 24" heavy duty ones from harbour freight. The bags sit perfect on the bike.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
The zip ties work. I got the white 24" heavy duty ones from harbour freight. The bags sit perfect on the bike.
Where did you attach them so that they don't show?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 05:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by massconn72 View Post
Where did you attach them so that they don't show?

when i have the straps under the seat they don't show. when the straps are over the seat they show. i have them over the seat right now and it doesn't bother me that they show.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 08:41 PM

Garage

IMG_3107 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 09:27 PM

I know you said you don't want a rack, but you might look at Dirt Bagz just because of the price and the capacity. Jus' sayin'.

Deb
CO

So many bikes, so little dinero
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode