Dream Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Dream Versys

Ok, just for the sake of getting our minds going and our saliva dripping. If money was no object, what would be the mods or accessories you would add to your Versys to make it your dream bike?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 02:42 PM

accessories

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by actar911 View Post
Ok, just for the sake of getting our minds going and our saliva dripping. If money was no object, what would be the mods or accessories you would add to your Versys to make it your dream bike?
I think Kelly Brooke would make a real fine accessory,,,
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo View Post
:

I think Kelly Brooke would make a real fine accessory,,,

Oh hell yea...

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 05:57 PM

hahhaha. I would get about everything! front fender extender, rear hugger, crash bars, frame sliders, highway pegs, hand guards, fancy gauges like night rider or kit if you will, good windscreen , real good tires, stock hard case saddle bags, , top case, tank bag, exhaust, power commander, air filter. i mean EVERYTHING, then again if money was no issue, id have a couple hunderd acres somewhere
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 09:37 PM

dream Versys

Money is always a issue. I have put the following on...Givi windshield, SWmotech crash bar, fender extender, heated grips, cortech soft saddlebags(touring), OEM tailrack with aftermarket box, Marsee magnetic tank bag, carbon fiber tank pad, front fork sliders, battery tender, removed all Kawi labelling swingarm spools....IT'S PERFECT.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 04:10 AM

Oh, I love doing this!!!
Two Bros pipe
Power Commander
Marchesini forged magnesium wheels
Lighter brake rotors
Full Ohlins suspension
Supercharger
Stainless brake lines
Better brake pads
Frame and fork sliders
All the rest is gear to wear.
Already have Joe rocket Manta XL tankbag, and Cortech tail bag (with matching saddlebags coming in August) The hard luggage is to much work and money for my taste, although locking mechanisms would be nice!
Pipe is coming next month. All the rest save the susp, supercharger and wheels will come in the following year or so...
Hoo-rah for mods!
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 11:00 AM

No offense but if money wasn't an issue I wouldn't be driving a Versys, even though I love mine.

However, I would have a custom seat fitted to my arse, custom pegs, HID light upgrade, modulating tail light, Rear Hugger, Fender extender in front, Custom radiator/engine/crash gaurd, Some sort of aftermarket full exhaust system, air filter upgrade, power commander, completely dynoed and tuned, suspension upgrade to handle a little more off roading, Givi windshield, hard luggage, Chrome wheels or powder coated to match made of titatium, heated grips, GPS, XM radio, hell you get the picture, I could go on and on.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 11:10 AM

Hell, I'll just settle for the rumored 1000cc version.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 01:54 PM

Nexxus said "No offense but if money wasn't an issue I wouldn't be driving a Versys, even though I love mine."
Good call, I'm with ya on that one, which begs the question, if money were no object, what would you be riding, barring the obvious answer of a different bike every day?
I've never ridden one, but I'd go with an FZ-1, with the hard ass euro front end.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 03:19 PM

hey Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
Oh hell yea...
well Rick who`s your choice, as this is just fantasy , you can be pretty choosy, Yahoooooo
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo View Post
well Rick who`s your choice, as this is just fantasy , you can be pretty choosy, Yahoooooo
Don't want me stealing yours??

There are so many & I'm not real picky. I'll have to get back to you shortly. I've just been invited to have a couple of cold beers with a co-worker. I should be in the right mood for that type of research when I get back...

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Hey Bear,

shouldn't that type of research be happening during the bear intake?
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 05:26 PM

I would have to say a completely Decked out high end BMW or something along those lines. But hey your talking 40K completely decked out.
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonedGP View Post
Hell, I'll just settle for the rumored 1000cc version.
I may be putting my foot in my mouth but I don't think that would happen. Defeats the purpose of the Versys in general. FWIW
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 07:48 PM

A lot of people seem to be angling toward the touring bike which is cool, but I don't know that mine would be adding so much as stripping down. For me:

-re-foam the seat so my butt doesn't ache after 10 miles
-cut the long plastic bit off the tail and mount the license plate below the brake light
-replace the rear steel seat 'truss' with a sleek aluminum bit
-rear hugger fender
-remove the front fairing and sculpt the tank to match it's natural lines
-change out the front 'cyclops' headlight for a simple dual set-up, maybe throw in a big-'n'-little one a la' buell
-more aggressive exhaust pipes

Something along the lines of this - but a little different, too:

Corey
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Wow, great looking bike. Is that your bike Corey? If so, did you do the parts yourself or did you find these off the shelf?
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 09:14 AM

No, it's not mine...just found the pic on the internet. But it sort of embodies the spirit of the mods I would like to make.

In looking at the structure of the bike, most of the mods in the pic look to be simple take-offs or bolt ons. The trusses by the rear wheel are gone, the fairing, windshield, metal cage that supports the headlight/inst cluster is gone. New mounting brackets for a headlight and the tach/speedo box. Bolt on exhaust, rear hugger fender, brackets, etc.

The biggest bit of work seems to be some metalwork on the tank...not 100% sure what is going on in the picture. The tank doesn't look completely smooth - like there is still a bit of the old fairing shape to it, but I don't see any seams where the original fairing would be.

Corey
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 09:18 AM

dream versys

Money would have to be no object for that Mod change. That Versys pictured looks more like an Aprilia Shiver than a Versys.
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 09:44 PM

I have both, course if money gets tight the beemer is gone, ha!

07 K1200GT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Tiger 1050 (on the way)
08 Versys (Sold)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08 Ninja 250r (wife's)
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 09:32 PM

Hey Nexxus . . or any of you guys for that matter . . . Do you know of a source where
I could find a modulating tail/brake light?? Given the number of Whacko automobile drivers out there . . . I'm of the mind that any additional "warning" to a driver coming up behind you talking on his/her cell phone while you're waiting for the light to turn green . . is a good idea. Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode