versys test ride - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
versys test ride

hi all, i am a motorcyle junkie i love a bike that does it all and it seems like this might be my new bike. my current ride is a mint 1995 fireball orange triumph speed triple a fun bike but a heavy one...i have no problem making sqiuds on 600rr's wonder what that was that blew by them mid corner but i would like something more versitle and alot lighter....my bigest gripe with japanses motorcycle dealerships as the lack of test/demo rides...i am highly skeptical to dish out any money however affoardable this bike may be without a serious test ride...can anyone help??????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 07:12 PM

I sold my Honda ST1300 to get the Versys. I wanted a light weight bike I could have fun in the twisties, but still tour comfortably on. Versys shines at both, its more of a sit up style and for me that's more comfortable. It would also make a good commuter. I'm riding round the San Bernardino Mts in Southern CA with it at the moment and its great on mountain roads. Has a 5 US gallon tank and averages close to 50mpg, so you can go 200 miles between fill ups.

Its the best of the many bikes I've owned (I still have my KLR and love that), but totally different beast. You can cruise at 80mph all day on the V, basically no vibration, my other half is good for 100+ miles at a sitting. There are really no downsides other than the fact that most add-on goodies come from Europe and are a bit spendy.

Machog
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 05:52 AM

I have also had many bikes, and have been riding for years. The Versys is one of the bike that is at the top of my list, the other one is my FZ1.
I wouldn't hesitate on buying a Versys again. The seating position, power, and handling are perfect for me (although it's supposed to be my wife's bike). If I were going to have only one bike it would be a Versys.

It no wonder it's one of the best selling bikes in Europe.

'15 DL1000

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 02:04 AM

I've had quite a few bikes and would recommend this one to anyone looking for a great bike at a good price. Every time I ride it I can't believe how great it is.

Just as a heads up, my dealer in town (I'm thinking most would do this as well) will let you take a brief ride on the bike if all paperwork is filled out and it's a make it or break it type of deal. I guarantee though, once you ride this bike, you will LOVE it and buy it.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 12:34 PM

KY. Dealer

Hey Goodeats, the Big K dealer (Gateway Cycles) in Mt. Sterling Kentucky will let a serious rider who has a license and his own gear...helmet , jacket, gloves etc. and signs a waver....test ride just about any bike they have... I took a test ride on the new Concours when it came out....and as soon as we get some nice weather...I am going to take a ride on the Versys.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 04:04 PM

Also first test ride :-)

I went to my local dealer yesterday and asked for the best out of the door price, including everything.....$7,350.79 I guess that's not bad including 600.- tax. Anyway I told him I might still have to wait a couple of month to convince the misses but he let me test ride it anyway

What a great handling bike it is, indeed. The seating position and looks, torque..... just about perfect (I do not care much for the head light).

Hopefully I will own one by the beginning of summer.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode