Played Hooky todat - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Played Hooky todat

Things a bit slow at work so I took the afternoon off and went for a nice long ride. Nothing epic and no videos just rode down to a couple towns south of me to look around. I took the back roads and saw a few places here I haven't been to before. I stopped by a Kawasaki shop and also carries Yamaha and KTM and boy did they some nice rides there. BUT there's no room in the Inn for another bike right now OR that 990 Adventure might have come home!

Ran into a guy a kind of know on his Ural on the way back. He did know I have the Versys and wanted to ride it so we swapped off for a bit. Sidecar rigs are a blast...if you don't kill yourself! We grabbed a bite to eat and then went our ways. One of these days I want to get a Ural.

I did pull a bonehead stunt though. I grabbed the wrong jacket, full leather Fieldsheer and NOT the perforated one so I was a bit warm By the time I got home . BUT it was a great day. I really needed a quick get a way.

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 08:16 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I'm a big fan of playing hookie....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 10:33 PM

I admire anyone who plays hooky from work just because I can't do it!! I have images in my mind that I would be busted in grand fashion if I did it.....like getting in an accident and needing surgery and waking up in the recovery room where I work. Yep, that would totally be my luck so I just cant do it!! Kudos to you Time!!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 10:40 PM
MTS

Sometimes we just need to take the TIME!

Well done!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 10:45 PM

I love ducking out too, when workload permits. The rest of the world is still slaving away, and it's sort-of jarring to your psyche - you're feeling 'out of sorts' a bit in shaking up the routine. But wow, I think...how fun will retirement be when every day could be an 'off the leash' day! I'd love to take a KTM990 out for a test ride...next year. Ditto Tiger 800!

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 01:02 AM

I love getting my work done quick, getting home early and on the bike before anyone gets home... no hassles that way. By the time I get back I'm relaxed and totally stress free. Got all the time and patience in the world for the wife and kids then.

Lovin every minute of it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode