Dropped My Bike Today - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Dropped My Bike Today

Was on an incline and turned the handlebars too sharp and down she went. Just scratched the crashbar alittle and made a shorty lever out of the stock clutch lever. Nice knot on the right shin.But its all good.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 12:12 AM
MTS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Glad your ok weljo!

What is it with turning the wheel really sharp?

I did the thing where I was pushingmy bike and got too much weight on the other side. So I had to jump over to the other side and barely stopped it from hitting the ground!

Did your bike start ok after awhile?

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 12:13 AM

glad to see that everything is good. but why the engine was not starting afterward??

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 12:19 AM

Luckily you had plenty of other riders there to witness this, haha. Glad you and the bike came out relatively O.K..
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I just let the bike sit for a minute and it fired right up.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Glad your ok weljo!

What is it with turning the wheel really sharp?

I did the thing where I was pushingmy bike and got too much weight on the other side. So I had to jump over to the other side and barely stopped it from hitting the ground!

Did your bike start ok after awhile?

Some of it had to do with the boots i was wearing they have a slick sole i tried to plant my foot and it slipped so thats when i did the bunny hop off the bike. Thier AlpineStars i won't be wearing them again if theres sand or gravel around things get a little slick. Normally wear my Sidi Dohas and they grip really well.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclesarge View Post
Luckily you had plenty of other riders there to witness this, haha. Glad you and the bike came out relatively O.K..
Yea i like to stand out in a crowd.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 01:09 AM

post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 02:21 AM

Did the same thing a few days ago, was lucky and got my foot down just in time , I didnt get past the point of no return on being able to hold it up, note to self GET CRASH BARS, glad only minor damage on you and bike
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 02:21 AM

Glad you ok mate. Did the same thing my self and got a bruise at the same spot too. Also I think it's recommended to switch the key off then on to get started again. Found that out later of course.

post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 04:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Sorry to hear. I hate it when that happens. We've all been there, that's for sure. Glad it wasn't worse.
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 07:41 AM

Been there; done that!

Weljo - Glad your injury was limited to shin. A veteran rider once told me that "When a buddy drops his machine, the first thing you do is take a picture of him trying to right the bike." You had to film your your own inglorious dismount! Just doesn't seem fair. I laid down my own '09 Blue Versys in a similar low-speed event at an overlook off the Back of the Dragon in Virginia. Front tire hit gravel and slid left while I was sliding right. Bike came to rest on footpeg and Happy Trails engine guard, leaving tiny imprint as a reminder to me regarding the evil nature of gravel. My own skin has healed but my ego is forever bruised. Thanks for your openness in sharing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg map.jpg (22.1 KB, 611 views)

Just a "rambler in my Father's world."
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 07:59 AM

I'm sorry to see that happen to you bud. But after dropping mine a few times cause I'm a rookie, it's good to know veterans still do it too.

May the road always curve in front of you.
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 09:19 AM

Good to know you're ok, man. Happened to all of us at some point.

post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 09:25 AM

I dropped mine in the same way a few months back on a freeway on ramp that was stopped...it kinda sucked...no injuries, except to the ego...

2011 Imperial Red
Givi V46 / V35's SW Motech mounts
Skidmarx hugger Moto Werks bar riser
Mondo Motors LED Driving Lights
A little bit of road rash
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 09:33 AM
MTS

Thats one of the things thats so awesome about weljo! This was far from a wonderful thing that happened to him and he for sure didn't have to post!

But in weljo style he posts it because it happened!

He doesn't have anything to prove!

When he reviews a product you know he is going to tell it the way it is!

I have dropped bikes and sometime it will happen again when I don't expect it. JMO

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks Guys, Yea i'm lucky i didn't fall flat on my face. No ego here we all make mistakes or have freak little accidents that can happen anytime. Its only fair that i post a video of my own mistakes when i post videos of other people. i've never had a problem laughing at myself.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 12:58 PM

It definitely happens to the best of us. I ALMOST dropped mine in the loose sand in front of my new garage yesterday. Came about as close as one can without losing it.

post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 01:01 PM

Garage
A few less expletives than I was expecting.

Are you considering a set of handguards at some point?

'09 Versys
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 01:26 PM

I just about dropped my husbands bike the other day. That would have been bad, very bad and I would have never heard the end of that one. But I gotta say....a VStrom is a TANK compared to the Versys! Glad to hear you are OK Weljo!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode