2 Up Riding on a Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2 Up Riding on a Versys

How is the Versys with a pasanger on the back? Anyone have any experience with a passanger?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46330i View Post
How is the Versys with a pasanger on the back? Anyone have any experience with a passanger?
What little I have had it does fine. Havent done a 100 mile + trip yet-but soon!!

2008 Versys
Muzzy Exhaust-race core!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Upgraded Kawi Windshield
Madstadd Bracket
Fiamm 132 db low note horn
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Osram Hyper 65 h7 lights

Kawi/Givi V35 Bags
Shad SH-29 Top Case
SW-Motech Quick release Brackets
Sw-Motech Alu-Rack
Garmin GPSMap 60csx

Joe Rocket Manta Tankbag-Red
Kawi Tank Protector
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 11:49 AM

As with any motorcycle, a lot depends on the passenger. My wife loves riding and I am not even aware she is on the bike. When we get hot in the twisties she says she makes herself like a piece of wood. No matter what the conditions she always helps rather than hurts. Granted, I have added a trunk with a built in back rest and that makes her feel secure. Last summer we traveled on our EX650R to the MotoGP at Indianapolis. The weather was terrible, rain, rain, rain. The evening of the race we had motel reservations about 70 miles out of town. When we finally got there the electricity had just been turned back on after being off all day from the storm. We went to our room and poured water out of our boots! Not kidding. There were about 6 restaurants right outside the motel so after changing cloths we went out to get dinner. Well not a one was open because the power had been off all day. Trees down everywhere. We finally found a filling station that was open and had soda, microwave hamburgers, and candy bars for dinner. Believe it our not, not one complaint, we both had a great day. From there we went to Deal's gap, Pigeon Forge, Cherokee, etc. for a week. After a couple of days the weather improved. Great vacation, great riding, wonderful companion. So finally, just do it.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 12:50 PM

Does a 389 mile day ride count?

The bike handled no different with her on it. And it was the first time she's ever riden on a bike. After she got used to it, we hit several hours of technical twisties, and the bike preformed wonderful. A passenger on the V doesn't tend to take too much weight off the front end as it tends to do on other bikes i have owned. So it stays planted in the corners does like it does solo.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

My girl is 5'7" 140lbs..... so she isnt this small petite thing. U think the Versys will handle her?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 02:49 PM

My wife and I have done numerous 200+mile days with no issues.

She won't ride with out a back rest-in our case the Givi topbox and I got the extended passenger foot pegs from Speedy to give her more leg room.

http://motowerk.com/passengerfootpegblocks.aspx

She's 5'8" about 125lbs and as long as I stop for a coffee, photos etc, there are no complaints.

Machog

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46330i View Post
My girl is 5'7" 140lbs..... so she isnt this small petite thing. U think the Versys will handle her?
yes.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 03:49 PM

My 10-year-old loves it.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode