Windshield Extenders - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Windshield Extenders

Here are the Windshield Extenders that I made for my Versys and it raises any windshield about 3 inches. I have the GIVI windshield and it let the air hit me right in top of the helmet and I hated it as I wanted the wind to go over my head. I made these, had them powder coated and they put the air just over the top of my helmet. I am 5'8" tall. They work very well.

To mount them, you simply remove whatever windshield you have, bolt these extenders to the top holes in the Versys windshield mount and then replace your windshield using your stock bolts and pads. It works very well so if you are interested, they are $25.00 a set plus shipping which usually runs about $5.00. You can email me at [email protected].

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor

Last edited by dallasdon; 05-26-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 05:23 AM

To be honest it looks like brackets you can get from the hardware store for a few bucks. But I guess the power coating is the expense. Nice looking mod.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmoore74 View Post
To be honest it looks like brackets you can get from the hardware store for a few bucks. But I guess the power coating is the expense. Nice looking mod.
Go to the hardware store and find brackets with the right spacing and save yourself some money. I think you'll find there is more to it than that. It is something I made for myself and a request from another forum member so I just thought others might be interested but I can't do it for free.

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor

Last edited by dallasdon; 03-28-2009 at 09:25 AM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 09:28 AM

Clever idea!!!

I also have the Givi windshield, I'm the same hight as you, and have the issue of wind buffeting in the forehead area too.

Questions:

1) I'm sure it stopped the helmet buffeting. Did it tend to cause more wind on your arms or chest?

2) How fast have you ridden to test how it would hold up to "speeding" ? Only on a closed course, with a professional driver, naturally. ;o)

3) What did you use on the lower holes, it looks like foam tape or ?

4) Is that to protect the windshield from the bolt heads scratching it?

Thanks!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trialsguy View Post
Clever idea!!!

I also have the Givi windshield, I'm the same hight as you, and have the issue of wind buffeting in the forehead area too.

Questions:

1) I'm sure it stopped the helmet buffeting. Did it tend to cause more wind on your arms or chest?

2) How fast have you ridden to test how it would hold up to "speeding" ? Only on a closed course, with a professional driver, naturally. ;o)

3) What did you use on the lower holes, it looks like foam tape or ?

4) Is that to protect the windshield from the bolt heads scratching it?

Thanks!
(1) It was less wind on my arms and chest, but the GIVI windshield isn't a great shield anyway in my opinion. I wish now that I had bought another larger shield, but they weren't available when I boutht the GIVI. I'll probably buy another soon but I can still use the extenders if I need to.

(2) I've been over a hundred several times and it's rock steady.

(3) That is self adhesive padding to protect windshield from scratching

(4) Ditto on # 3 answer.

Take care and have a good day.

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode