Versys Camera mount - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Versys Camera mount

Yesterday I bought a tough waterproof case for my Samsung Galaxy S3 mobile that I intended to use on my Versys as a GPS as well as an action cam. I mounted it on the M8 handlebar bolt,but it has too much vibration for the phone camera to handle and it looks like I am going at warp speed when I'm doing only 60 km/h. Has anyone here found a suitable mounting point for a camera or do I need to come up with a solution to stick it to my chest?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I spent alot of time and money for different mounts before i found what worked best for me. For the smoothest video camera mounted on fork leg also front of the windscreen works good.http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...=camera+mounts Now i have a camera mounted on the helmet.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvlatko View Post
Yesterday I bought a tough waterproof case for my Samsung Galaxy S3 mobile that I intended to use on my Versys as a GPS as well as an action cam. I mounted it on the M8 handlebar bolt,but it has too much vibration for the phone camera to handle and it looks like I am going at warp speed when I'm doing only 60 km/h. Has anyone here found a suitable mounting point for a camera or do I need to come up with a solution to stick it to my chest?
Which waterproof case did you get? I have an S3 and have been looking for something. Considered the Otterbox Armor (Have Defender presently) but read some less than stellar reviews...

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

I got the ultimate addons case with the M8 handlebar mount and the extender http://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof-H...item27cd09f0c7
I tried the existing bolts from the windscreen but no luck. Thought of the front forks but since I need a bolt-the lower triangle was my first option but in full left or right there is not enough space between the triangle and the headlight.
My next try would be replicating the chest strap from the gopro or some home made mount for the front forks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode