Maybe a Versys 1000 - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Maybe a Versys 1000

Check this bike out that I found, has anyone seen these before? It's saying that it's a Versys 1000!!!

http://www.visordown.com/news/images...kawaversys.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJeff View Post
Check this bike out that I found, has anyone seen these before? It's saying that it's a Versys 1000!!!

http://www.visordown.com/news/images...kawaversys.jpg
Yuck! That thing's so ugly it's V Strom ugly.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 09:00 PM

Uhmm, I'm thinking it's a PhotoShop 1000. The red sections don't look right to me and the tail end looks like it is from a Z750.

Of course, I could be wrong. Kawasaki is known for using bin parts.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 09:08 PM

This has been floating around for years now. It's a photoshop and not a very good one at that.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 08:51 PM

yup, just like others said... this has been around for a bit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 09:25 PM

When I was shopping for my bike, I read a review in the local paper about the V-Strom 650 and the V-Strom 1000.

The reviewer gave goods comment about the V-Strom 650 but found the V-Strom 1000 heavy and saw little performance improvement over the 650.

His final comment was to recommend the V-Strom 650 as a great all-around bike and said that unless he had to ride two up with luggage climbing long hills, he saw little advantage to go for the V-Strom.

After reading this review I made my decision to go with a 650cc bike (V or Wee) and I ended up with the Versys.

I don't think that a Versys 1000 would be a good idea as we might loose the great gas mileage and the low weight of the bike.

Charles Leblanc
2007 Versys
Givi Windshield and side case
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 10:31 AM

I have talked to Kawasaki USA about the possibility of a 1000cc version several times. According to them, we will not see a 1000cc Versys for two reasons: first, the existing 650cc block simply cannot be bored out to a 1000. The stresses involved, and modifications that would have to be made are simply too much for the existing block. Second, the people I have spoken with continually use the V-Strom as competitor for the Versys. They say that while the Strom 1000 is a nice bike, its sales slowed very quickly after the 650 version was brought to market. The reason being, the people who want to buy this type of bike are more interested in a 650 version that is more 'flickable' than its larger brother. Also, these type of multipurpose bikes in 1000cc form are cross-shopped with BMW GS, Honda ST1300, and the Concours. Kawasaki thought it better to go after the 650 market due in large part to the costs of making and selling. I also found it interesting that one Kawasaki rep told me the Versys was designed to go head-to-head with the Strom 650, Yammy FZ6, and the now defunct Ducati MTS 620. I guess that was a long winded way to say that there prolly will NOT be a 1000 Versys. The pictures available over the net are photo shopped versions of the Versys and the Z1000.

'I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent'

Yeah, that’s a statistic sample size of 1, category “anecdotal evidence”, but there it is.

"You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos motherfu#&er!!" -Red, from Pineapple Express.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 07:18 PM

I for one would like to see a 400-450cc version of the Versys. There is nothing in between a 250 and the 600 range. My daughter is looking at getting a bike this summer. She wants a “crotch rocket” style bike because of the looks. The Ninja 250 would be a great bike for her. My GF would like to start riding but doesn’t like to looks of a Ninja or Honda Rebel. The Yamaha FZX250 (Zeal) looks like a little Versys but it’s not imported into the US (or is it?). Anyway she loves the looks of the Versys but it is just a little to big for her as a starter bike. What to do???
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 07:32 PM

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 07:45 PM

I know Norton used to make an 800cc parallel twin and of course BMW has the Rotax 800cc Ptwin, but that's the biggest i know of. I wonder if anyone has done a 1000cc parallel twin?

I wish the Kawasaki had done the Versys in a 750. That would have been spot on, and put them in a league of their own (well, aside from the Aprillia).

2007 Versys Black, V35 Bags, H&B Bars, Skidmarx Hugger.Fender Ex., Avon Distanzia, Braided Lines, Hella 65W bulbs Arrow Can, DNA Air filter, GIVI tall screen (for winter), PCIII, Baldwin Saddle. **SOLD**

2011 KTM SM-T. Crash bars, E55 Top Box, Fender extender front and rear.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 08:24 PM

Triumph's new Thunderbird is a whopping 1500 cc parallel twin so a big twin is do-able from an engineering standpoint. Skeezix's comments make a lot of sense to me. This is my third year riding the Versys and I just don't see any other bike on the market that I would want to trade for. The V is dynamite!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 05:21 AM

I saw a 250cc Versys on a Japanese site a couple of months ago . Has the new 250 Ninja motor in it . It was WAY cute.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode