Finally getting a V - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Finally getting a V

Been riding a 2005 Bonneville for the past 5 years and lusting after a Versys since I saw them two years ago. After a 2 day camping trip on the Bonnie this weekend, I've convinced myself to trade it in or sell it and get a Versys. I'm in California, so it looks like my options are green or blue, which I'm not really to fond of either way. I saw someone here from Belgium who had the orange model, and I must say, I'd give m left nut to have one of those. Anyone know how much (ballpark) it would cost to take off the 2-3 pieces of plastic and having them painted?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 08:51 PM

We priced this out a while ago and it was around $1,200. It would probably be cheaper to get it painted the color you like best.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 09:00 PM

Funny i feel the same passion for the blue. Have a red one. No big deal, just ride it. Painting a new bike really lowers the re sale value. People then wonder if it was layed down. Think you will like the V after haveing the bonneville. Had a few triumphs myself but back a few years. Lusted after the 750 bonneville when they came out and bought one. What a lemon. Sat in the shop for 7 weeks waiting for a seal 500 miles after i got it. Then they stopped makeing them. Left a bad taste. I know it is a different company now and they have some great bikes. Thought about the street triple but decided the Versys was a better way to go. You will enjoy it and the guys here.

Yamaha Secca II
1600 Classic-sold
08 Verseys
1986 Corvette

Life is not a practice run. Enjoy each and every day.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharrison56 View Post
We priced this out a while ago and it was around $1,200. It would probably be cheaper to get it painted the color you like best.
Well, unless he pulled off a ninja edit, I think (s)he asked how much it would be to get it painted.

If you're doing the work yourself, you can get good auto paint from ebay or other online stores for about $150 (1 step or 2 step). That's assuming you have the setup to do it correctly. If you take it to someone to have done, it will vary quite a bit on location, shop reputation, and the type of paint you decide on. Could be anywhere from $300 to $1500, but most likely somewhere around $600 to $800.

As sharrison mentioned, buying the orange colored plastics will be around $1200 but you can sell yours to recover some of the price, or hold onto it for spares.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Good info, thanks. So you're saying I can somehow buy the actual Kawasaki plastics for the bike in Orange in the US? That would be my first choice for sure, and like you said, keep whatever I get on the one I buy for spares or if I sell it. Any good resources for ordering the plastics?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 11:35 PM

ronayers.com has a full microfiche with part numbers and I believe they have the orange ones on there. The Canadians got them in '07 in the orange color.

EDIT: Here's the link to every part for the 2007 Versys. Parts are marked as Orange or Black. Check this page out for everything you need:
http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/...s_(Canada_only)

Last edited by Enemy Zero; 03-23-2009 at 11:37 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 11:46 PM

Tenover, if you are hankerin for something besides green/ blue heres 2 on ebay both red...Good luck

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-Kawasaki-Versys-Excellent-Condition_W0QQitemZ320352684039QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ US_motorcycles?hash=item320352684039&_trksid=p4506 .c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A317|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1 318

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KAWASAKI-VERSYS-650-BRAND-NEW-2008_W0QQitemZ140309121950QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_mo torcycles?hash=item140309121950&_trksid=p4506.c0.m 245&_trkparms=72%3A317|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

If I new what I was doing, I wouldn't still be working
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

I'm in California.....Is it possible to buy in another state if I find a used one and still register the bike here due to the emissions issues?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 01:27 PM

I wouldn't count on it. As far as I know, they didn't sell the 08 in Cali becuase of the emissions. Here in southern Oregon they sell the Cali models with the emission control on them.

pmac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode