Anyone made suspension upgrades yet? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Anyone made suspension upgrades yet?

Hi guys. I'm looking at a decent non complicated rear shock upgrade. Any ideas out there. WP maybe or Ohlins... love the PDS set up so much and wish all my bikes were like it too..
Does anyone track day their Versys?

I have already torn a big hole in the local bragging rights with my mates who all laughed at me for leaving what has always been the only fast crowd... ie R1 R6 Blades Gixers blaa blaa blaaa.. even 1098 now gives me a dagger glance for running up the inside before being curteous and letting him have his line back.. and his pride.
They all agree now never judge a bike by its looks or cost. only the BMW 1150 GS gave me a conspirital wink of knowing better.

I'll get the front done later but rear comes first on roadies so how about the thoughts??
I'm wondering about an ex KTM WP PDS.. cheers brothers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 11:41 PM

Works performance

I left my 08 Versys with Pierre Vailincourt chief engineer for Works Performance in Canoga Park, Ca. while they built me a custom rear shock from scratch. All the data is now in their data base and they can build you one much faster. Cost about $800. What a difference.

Randy in Prescott, Arizona
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 08:36 PM

Could you elaborate on the difference? How did you get your bike to CA?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 11:28 PM

Randy

I trailered the bike from Prescott to Canoga Park. You would not need to do this because mine was the test mule. Now they have all the data in their data bank and would just work with you. Your weight, what you want to improve in your suspension, etc. They have a work sheet you fill out and then they work with you. Pierre Valliancourt will help you. As an example the stock spring you have on your bike is 900 lbs. for a man my size 165 lbs. that was way too harsh. The one they built for me has a 750 lb spring. If you look at Works performance web site I have an Ultra 3. Pierre also suggested I change the stock fork oil which is 10 weight to 7.5 for a man my size. They know their stuff. Call Pierre.

Randy
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 11:44 AM

I like the rear, but the spongy front is what I want to change! Any progressive replacements?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
http://forums.kawasakiversys.com/showthread.php?t=278
You can get Hyperpro (Netherlands) progressive springs for the front, rear, or both from:
http://www.wilbersusa.com/hyperpro-springs.htm (NJ USA)
They also sell Wilbers, YSS Racing and Hyperpro shocks...

Last edited by invader; 05-26-2008 at 09:32 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 09:45 PM

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! Will look into it!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 03:18 PM

Anything new here? Hunting1 did you upgrade either front or rear?

07 K1200GT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Tiger 1050 (on the way)
08 Versys (Sold)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08 Ninja 250r (wife's)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 04:02 PM

No replacement, just adjusted the front and the dampner. It comes from the factory for a 150-lb person. Much better and does not rattle you on bumpy surfaces as badly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode