US Tire Prices Going Up-Suggestions Please! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

US Tire Prices Going Up-Suggestions Please!

Need to get a new rear tire, went to the place I ordered my Conti Road Attacks from last time and they've gone up nearly 20%!!

Need some recommendations for a place to buy tires please, I got over 8000 on the RA rear, so can't complain.

I've still got plenty on the front Road Attack, so might mix treads for a while.

Would consider Dunlop Roadsmarts or Michelin dual compounds if I can get a good price, or any other good wet traction tires.

Tx Machog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 12:51 PM

Yesterday I was surfing for tires for my Kawi S2 triple 350. Best price I found with shipping was American Motorcycle Tire. Second was Tire Express. You should also check out Southwest Moto Tires (2 tires get you free shipping).
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 03:11 PM

Tire prices haven't gone up, it's your dollars that went down...

Unless someone has some stock to get rid of, the price differences for the online retailers that offer good deals aren't that great. Check the usual suspects Hipshot mentions - plus Ron Ayers and Tires Unlimited also sometimes have good prices

You are still out there in the desert SW, right? Check Chaparral or SWMotoTire, maybe you can take a day trip and get it installed by them too, saving on shipping?

Gustavo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the suggestions, checked them all out.

Ended up with www.ridedirect.com $116.95 + $10.00 shipping, for a Conti Road Attack 160-60-17, same as I have now.

Shipping would have been free if I had ordered the front as well, but that's still in great shape-at least another 3 out of it to take it to around 10k miles.

Ridedirect beat the others by quite a bit.

Ron Ayers had best prices on the Dunlop RS that I nearly went for.

Machog

Last edited by Machog; 03-18-2009 at 04:35 PM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 01:11 AM

Send a message via MSN to demuire Send a message via Skype™ to demuire
Have you used the Road Attacks off the black stuff at all? If so, how are they? I'm currently thinking of getting a set of Pirelli Scorpion Sync's for my Versys, but am interested to hear how the Road Attacks are...

~
FookStar

2008 Kawasaki Versys (in green!)
Queensland, Australia
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 01:43 AM

Cheap Cycle Parts has the Conti Road Attack 160/60-17 rear for $0.09 more ($117.04). http://shopcheapcycleparts.com/produ...Id=6532303&ez=
I'm not sure what the shipping to USA is, but I got the Trail Attack 150/70-17 rear from them for only $124.23... I'll be trying it out with a front Avon Distanzia 120/70-17, on and off the black top by April.

Last edited by invader; 03-19-2009 at 01:45 AM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Guess I left it a bit late! This is what happens when you run a Conti Road Attack to exactly 7800miles. Bloody Hell, luckily I was checking the chain tension and saw this.

I'm riding with a friend in Scottsdale on Sat so have had to get a new one put on immediately Michelin Pilot Power.

So now have a spare brand new 160-60-17 Conti Road Attack-any takers?

Machog

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machog View Post
Guess I left it a bit late! This is what happens when you run a Conti Road Attack to exactly 7800miles. Bloody Hell, luckily I was checking the chain tension and saw this.

I'm riding with a friend in Scottsdale on Sat so have had to get a new one put on immediately Michelin Pilot Power.

So now have a spare brand new 160-60-17 Conti Road Attack-any takers?

Machog

Wait, you'll be in scottsdale on sat? Hmm... that's where I live! where you riding to? and about this tire... are you currentyl in AZ? I was gonna have a new rear thrown on tomorrow morning, so maybe I could grab that from you... let me know.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

a-z, I'm staying with my daughter who lives on Kings Ave, very close to Tilted Kilt corner of Scottsdale & Bell, if you know where that is. I live in Palm Desert during the winter.

Conti Road Attack won't arrive Palm until Tue 24th, so couldn't get it to you this weekend. If you are interested I can get it over to Scottsdale no shipping next weekend.

My daughter is coming to stay with us in Palm Desert next weekend, and she can take it back with her. Price would be exactly what I paid $116.95-with no shipping.

There is someone else in TX who's interested, so I will give him first refusal, if not its yours.

Would you be around for a ride this Sunday to show me a few roads? Give me a place to meet and I'll be there-be still breaking the new tire in-so be gentle with me!

I'll PM you with my cell number.

Machog

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 04:03 AM

FWIW, I just found a set of Michelin Pilot Road 2CTs for $294 shipped from www.sportbiketrackgear.com and I'll probably go with them. That's about $40 more for a comparable set of the Dunlop Road Smarts, but I run Michelin on everything else I own and I like them. HTH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode