Road Atlanta AMA race April 3-5. Who's going? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Road Atlanta AMA race April 3-5. Who's going?

My girl and her 8yo twin girls are planning on infield camping for the Sat and Sun races. Since we're bringing the girls, we'll cage it down and possibly bring golf cart for cruising at the track. I'd love to meet up with other V owners while we're there.

Who's planning it? I believe Don (hacktracker here) is coming and bringing his 7 year old boy. Jenny and I came down on the bikes for last August's race and had a blast!

best,
/neil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RA308.jpg (122.9 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg RA108.jpg (128.8 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg RA208.jpg (269.1 KB, 54 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 11:33 AM

I'm would like to go for all three days and camp. Never been there, was told it was fun. Tommy

81 Honda CB750F with Jupiter sidecar, 82 Honda CB750F, 86 Yamaha Radian, 87 BMW K100RS, 2002 Honda XR 200R, 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250, 2009 Green Versys, 2010 Kawasaki Vukcan 900 Custom
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 07:25 PM

I am probably going to be there both days. Close enough to home that I can make the trip each day.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 08:56 PM

hb9400 and I will be there Saturday. Wave if you see us.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!

Now I have four!

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 01:14 AM

I will be there Sunday. I'll take a ride around and keep my eyes peeled for the really cool people.

"When It Rains, Get Wet"
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 06:34 AM

Here are my pictures from Saturday. The weather was perfect. http://cid-b8e84c6bbce8f689.skydrive...20-%2004-04-09

Steve

Now I have four!

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharrison56 View Post
Here are my pictures from Saturday. The weather was perfect. http://cid-b8e84c6bbce8f689.skydrive...20-%2004-04-09
Great pics Steve, im Jealous now !

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 12:51 PM

It was a great day and great ride. Hated seeing a rider and bike plow into the wall after missing turn 12 but read this on the Road Atlanta News web site so it's nice to hear he wasn't seriously hurt, as it looked and sounded wicked.

"Dylon Husband (No. 73 Team Pur Sang Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R) were each transferred to the Road Atlanta medical center where they were examined and released after separate incidents. Husband went off course at full racing speed at Turn 12 but the Air Fence placed at that high-impact location prevented a serious incident."
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 02:19 PM

He hit one airfence and his bike hit the other. His bike punctured the airfence. I bet he is sore today!!!

Steve

Now I have four!

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharrison56 View Post
hb9400 and I will be there Saturday. Wave if you see us.
I saw two red V's parked up on Spectator Hill Saturday. I was ogling the one with the painted matched gray plastic bits. Gotta do that to mine. I wanted to sit on the one with the Corbin but hadn't had enough beers yet to be that bold. Saw another red V on Sunday parked down by vendor village. No windshield on that one...

Terrific weekend. Only 5 minutes or so of rain this afternoon. Mladin rode away with it again today. We camped both nights at turn 3. Some good wrecks over there! I'll put some pictures up in a day or so.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 05:11 AM

That was us. We watch the first race from the hill and then made the rounds. We got over to turn 10 for a while (saw that crash) and then wandered over to watch them come under the bridge and saw Husband crash into the wall. It was good to see them get up, but those boys had to be hurting Sunday.

Steve

Now I have four!

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_asheville View Post
I Saw another red V on Sunday parked down by vendor village. No windshield on that one...
That was me. Waiting on my shield from Mike. Lots of crashes in turn 6, 7 area that day. Everybody walked away fortunately.

"When It Rains, Get Wet"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode