Power Commander on my 08 - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2013, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Power Commander on my 08

I have had a PC III on my 08 since last year and have just been adding random maps from Dynojets website and it runs fine but nothing amazing..

I did a search and found some pictures a guy posted on this site of his dyno run mapping he had done and I entered all his numbers manually into a blank map. I loaded this map 3 days ago into my bike and I have to say this bike has gained HP and torque through out the range. Now I walk away from my buddy on his Vstrom 650, when we were about dead even before.. This thing runs great. Amazing difference.

I will be glad to share this map with anyone who thinks they could use it. Just PM me and I will send you the file..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 08:59 AM

I've been interested in the power commander, mostly because the bike surges a little bit when I'm cruising at around 3k-4k RPM and also the throttle response is not as smooth as I'd like when going from totally closed to open in a gentle, more controlled manner (if that makes any sense).

Does the Power Commander help with things like that?

2011 Imperial Red
Givi V46 / V35's SW Motech mounts
Skidmarx hugger Moto Werks bar riser
Mondo Motors LED Driving Lights
A little bit of road rash

Last edited by BaileyMan; 05-09-2013 at 09:08 AM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 11:02 AM

I have an 09 with a Yoshi pipe. Sometimes I will get a backfire pop if I give it a twist and back down quickly. According to Yoshi I don't need a PC but if it gives me more HP (woohoo) I'm in. I'll hit you up for the mapping once I get my hands on one... I'll probably need some installation advice too...

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

PM me for my email and I will send the file over to you. You will not be sorry..

I have a Yoshi can and secondary's removed.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud Muffin View Post
I have an 09 with a Yoshi pipe. Sometimes I will get a backfire pop if I give it a twist and back down quickly. According to Yoshi I don't need a PC but if it gives me more HP (woohoo) I'm in. I'll hit you up for the mapping once I get my hands on one... I'll probably need some installation advice too...
Have you plugged the PAIR system? It injects air into the exhaust to help with emissions, and is no longer necessary once the converter is removed. It's easy to do, just lift the fuel tank, pull the big hose that runs along the top of the airbox loose at the rear, and insert a plug that fits snugly. Replace the hose, and you're good to go. Your popping will go away.

10 Duc Streetfighter S (black)
09 Versys
00 KLR
67 Triumph Bonneville TT Special
USN 1959-65
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttpete View Post
Have you plugged the PAIR system? It injects air into the exhaust to help with emissions, and is no longer necessary once the converter is removed. It's easy to do, just lift the fuel tank, pull the big hose that runs along the top of the airbox loose at the rear, and insert a plug that fits snugly. Replace the hose, and you're good to go. Your popping will go away.
Does this same thing apply to a 2012? My new LV Underbody pipe pops quite a bit on decel.

Also, I'm a bit interested in the Power Commander. In particular, it has an accessory O2 sensor available (and my new LV exhaust just happens to have an O2 sensor port) to monitor the air/fuel mix and provide the most accurate corrections. I'm mostly just turned off by the price of it all. I don't think I'd be getting my money's worth, especially considering I don't ride my bike like I stole it.

2012 Kawasaki Versys 650 - 20,500 miles
2000 Volvo V70XC 2.4T - 258,000 miles
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
Does this same thing apply to a 2012? My new LV Underbody pipe pops quite a bit on decel.

Also, I'm a bit interested in the Power Commander. In particular, it has an accessory O2 sensor available (and my new LV exhaust just happens to have an O2 sensor port) to monitor the air/fuel mix and provide the most accurate corrections. I'm mostly just turned off by the price of it all. I don't think I'd be getting my money's worth, especially considering I don't ride my bike like I stole it.
I've been running this system (PC-V with Autotune) since 2009, and it works very well. The general rideability from idle to redline is vastly improved, and it no longer runs lean. I would do it again.

The PAIR system is the same on all of the models, and the fix is the same.

If anyone wants more info on this system, PM me.

09 Versys
00 KLR
USN 1959-65

Last edited by ttpete; 05-10-2013 at 06:01 PM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id...f946d8661d5b3d

Try this for a file..Good for 7 days
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttpete View Post
I've been running this system (PC-V with Autotune) since 2009, and it works very well. The general rideability from idle to redline is vastly improved, and it no longer runs lean. I would do it again.

The PAIR system is the same on all of the models, and the fix is the same.

If anyone wants more info on this system, PM me.
Thanks for the info, I'm definitely a bit more interested learning that you've been using that exact setup for some time now. I'm not sure what your riding style is, but how has the MPG been?

2012 Kawasaki Versys 650 - 20,500 miles
2000 Volvo V70XC 2.4T - 258,000 miles
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
Thanks for the info, I'm definitely a bit more interested learning that you've been using that exact setup for some time now. I'm not sure what your riding style is, but how has the MPG been?
I don't hammer the V very hard because I have bigger iron for that. I run high forties mpg combination city and highway. The new edition of PC-V has spark map control, I hear.

09 Versys
00 KLR
USN 1959-65
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

I ride a R1 also and the Versys can never have enough performance for me. The R1 gets close to the same mileage as the Versys and My Busa was dead on at 49-50 mpg all the time.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 12:16 PM

Just saw this thread. I have a 2008 that came with a PCIII and a full Arrow exhaust but I have no idea what the map is. I am currently riding from VA to AK and have been getting fuel mileage in the low 40s, which sounds low based on what I've read on this site. My last tank was 39 mpg running 70-75 on I70 into KC, MO. Has anyone tried adjusting the fuel map using the buttons on the PC?

Zrex1, I would like to see your custom map.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode