dealers - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

dealers

I get the impression that over in the USA you are not very happy with you Dealers ( bike dealers that is ) IE concerning servicing and general information,
Is this country wide or just in particular areas.
I think we are really lucky here in the UK as the vast majority of bike dealers
are really well informed on the product that they sell.And service that they give in the workshop. I don't know if this is because there is lots of competition for the business, whatever it is it works.
perhaps it would be a good idea to compile a list of local bike dealers that you think give good service in your area and know what they are talking about,,,, this would take the guess work out of the equation when looking to get your pride and joy looked after..

Life is not measured by the number of breaths
we take, But by the moments that take our breath away,.,.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 03:56 PM

if its not a cruiser or a pocket rocket they dont care.

Working to make it my Streetfighter
V
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 04:28 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to kfallscody
Well I called the local dealer just after new years and said I wanted a Versys. I called back 5 times and always was told that the manager was not there and he would call me back. Well suffice it to say, he never did return my phone call. Luckily the dealer about 75 miles away (Kawasaki Honda of Medford) were fantastic to do business with. They returned my calls and got me my Versys 2 weeks earlier than they expected! Is also the same dealer where I bought my previous bike, a 2007 Ninja 250.

So yeah, the local shop here is run by a bunch of idiots where as the dealer 75 miles away, in a larger town, is exceptional.... at least in my experience.

Remember that you are unique, just like everybody else.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 07:14 PM

In my area Seattle WA, we've got one great Kawasaki mechanic and one good sales dealer-but unfortunately they are not in the same location!!

The guy I bought the V from hadn't got a clue about the specs-size of gas/petrol tank, mpg etc etc. He just made stuff up based on his experience.

Unfortunately, when I bought mine in Oct of 07 it was the only available Versys in a two state area-that's about 10x the size of the UK in the case of Oregon and Washington. So not only did I have to buy it from an idiot, I had to pay full price for it and it only came in Red-but I like Red and its the best bike I've ever had-so I'm happy.

Machog

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode